5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANTI SPIN DIF

Rambroh

Reaction score
I think it recommends the heavier oil for severe duty. For the friction modifier, you probably need it. You can always drive it without and see if you have any chattering on sharp turns.
I see posts stating 4oz of friction modifier when manual says 5 and bottle comes in 4 oz. If only use 4 oz with amsoil is that a problem?

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Back when I had a 2020 with the 3.92 LSD rear end, I used one quart, then dumped in 2 oz of friction modifier into the second quart, shaking it a bit to mix. Then put it in. Then topped off with a bit from a third quart. (All Amsoil 75w-140).

Ended up adding another two ounces later due to chatter. That solved it, had no issues after that.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I see posts stating 4oz of friction modifier when manual says 5 and bottle comes in 4 oz. If only use 4 oz with amsoil is that a problem?
Some is in the oil already. It does not have to be that exact. Here on the Amsoil website it even tells you that you should be ok but if you still have chatter, add some modifier. That's why I said drive it and see.

Personally, I used Royal Purple in my car with a LSD Getrag rear and still added a bottle of modifier. It's not as easy to access as my truck so I just went for it. Never tried to measure anything. That is with way more power than the truck puts to the clutches. I have no problems.

kdoublep

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a 2019, 1500 with 3.12 rear and manual says to add 5 ounces of friction modifier additive. I am going to use the Amsoil 75–140 so do I really have to worry about 1 ounce of the modifier since the bottle comes in 4 ounces and considering Amsoil already contains a modifier? Any downside to using heavier oil vs 75-90 per manual?
I just did the 4 oz bottle of modifier with the Amsoil and all is well.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Idk about anyone else but doing the rear and front diffs I noticed how big of a rip these companies selling this sh** are.

From the front I had maybe half a bag of my a soul left over , rear I had 1/4 of a bag left over. And of course the friction modifier I hade 4 oz. Left. I just wish they sell/package it differently so there isn’t so much waste.

What are u guys doing with your left over diff fluid and modifier? (Storage??)

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Idk about anyone else but doing the rear and front diffs I noticed how big of a rip these companies selling this sh** are.

From the front I had maybe half a bag of my a soul left over , rear I had 1/4 of a bag left over. And of course the friction modifier I hade 4 oz. Left. I just wish they sell/package it differently so there isn’t so much waste.

What are u guys doing with your left over diff fluid and modifier? (Storage??)

I just dumped mine along with the used oil. I'm not keeping a 1/4 bag on a shelf somewhere for another 4 to 5 years. Just the cost of upkeep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/