5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anti - slip???

BILLET BEE

Reaction score
2020 ram hohd 3500 drw 6.7, 4x4. I'm getting ready to do my differential oil changes and it appears the 12" rear axle is anti slip but I can't find out anything definitive on if the front axle is anti slip so i know weather to add any anti slip additive to my mopar gl5 oil or not.
Rear axle: is this anti slip?
Front axle: is this anti slip?

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
2020 ram hohd 3500 drw 6.7, 4x4. I'm getting ready to do my differential oil changes and it appears the 12" rear axle is anti slip but I can't find out anything definitive on if the front axle is anti slip so i know weather to add any anti slip additive to my mopar gl5 oil or not.
Rear axle: is this anti slip?
Front axle: is this anti slip?
If in doubt add it. Won't hurt anything if it's an open diff.

BILLET BEE

Reaction score
OR
Capital letters
This was a perfect suggestion, I had forgotten all about our original build sheet. It shows
anti spin differential rear axle
conventional differential front axle
So is it safe then to assume that i only need to add the antislip additive to the rear gl5 and not the front gl5?
Tyvm @Jako and all who have contributed to this post so far

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was a perfect suggestion, I had forgotten all about our original build sheet. It shows
anti spin differential rear axle
conventional differential front axle
So is it safe then to assume that i only need to add the antislip additive to the rear gl5 and not the front gl5?
Tyvm @Jako and all who have contributed to this post so far
I would double check to see of your diff needs any additive. There are a few in the HD lineup that do not use it.

BILLET BEE

Reaction score
I would double check to see of your diff needs any additive. There are a few in the HD lineup that do not use it.
That's the reason I needed to know if the front axle is a anti spin or not because my book shows it's required on anti spin axles.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240304-075753.png
    Screenshot_20240304-075753.png
    200 KB · Views: 4

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's the reason I needed to know if the front axle is a anti spin or not because my book shows it's required on anti spin axles.
Add it to be safe, I don't recall or see an option for a DRW front anti spin axle in parts/service.

BILLET BEE

Reaction score
Add it to be safe, I don't recall or see an option for a DRW front anti spin axle in parts/service.
Its probably not a big deal if i do or don't add additive to the front but I'm going to stick with the book and just add it to the limited slip axles.

Users who are viewing this thread