5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Answering text messages

Hez

Reaction score
Is there an alternative to answering text messages other than hitting the message banner on the touch screen when you receive a message?

Fishwiz

Reaction score
You can find the messages in your inbox from the phone screen.

Also android auto supports text messaging, and even allows full custom replies by voice (not just short canned messages). In many ways it's similar to the built in message function, but it's worth trying to see if you like it better. I assume apple car play also has this feature, but I have no experience with that.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reactions: Hez

Bearman95

Reaction score
Pushing the Seri button on the left side of steering wheel lets me hear her read my message and let’s me answer the message in full. It’s all in the owners manual. This is for the iPhone.

Hez

Reaction score
Yeah, I was aware of both of those options, but thanks.

What I was referring to specifically, is when you receive a message and the banner pops up on the uConnect screen and you have to touch it to play it. It would be cool if the OK button on the steering wheel would recognize that notification and let you access it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread