5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another vote for the Flowmaster FX muffler

PaulPaladin

Reaction score
Just got my local muffler guy to install my Flowmaster FX "drop in replacement muffler"....literally took him 15 minutes.

Thoughts....perfect for what I wanted. A little more rumble on the start up, nice V8 rumble on acceleration, hardly noticeable at highway cruise, and no drone. IMO, it's what it should have sounded like from the factory. For comparison sake, the Borla S-Type on my '14 Grand Cherokee SRT was a little bit louder.....

If you're looking to turn heads this isn't the exhaust for you, but if you want your Hemi truck to sound like a Hemi truck, instead of a castrated goat, this is the right choice.

Interesting the diff between the stock "can" and the Flowmaster... IMG_2904.jpg

Chief_Jake

Reaction score
That's exactly what I was looking for. Saw your post a just purchased the muffler from Amazon. I didn't get the drop in kit, just the muffler. I should have it welded in by the weekend.

PaulPaladin

Reaction score
I’m no lawyer, and I didn’t stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I would say “not a chance”. Had Borla cat back on my Grand Cherokee SRT and when my entire engine grenaded (frozen lifter ground a lobe off camshaft) Jeep replaced the entire short block no questions asked.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Would doing this mod void the warranty?

Nope, I checked with my service adviser to be sure. He said just as long as they didn't weld directly to the cat, then no issues. Because if the cat was a warranty issue in the future, it needs to be a bolt on piece for removal. Also, any of the exhaust that is modified is no longer under warranty, he said the sections not touched, like ahead of the muffler and the piping, resonators and tips after the muffler would still be under warranty.

Only other issue is if the clamp got loose on the aftermarket exhaust and it caused damage to other parts of the exhaust or truck, that would also not be covered. He actually recommended that I go with the muffler instead of buying a kit and have the muffler shop weld a custom system together. It ended up being cheaper and more solid of an installation with my Outlaw muffler. Though doing a spot weld on the clamps for the bolt on kit is fine as well, I believe the instructions on the kit recommended doing that to prevent the clamp from getting loose over time.

JHRebel

Reaction score
How is it in the highway when the mds kicks on, that my concern, pretty much everyone says you get a unpleasant exhaust note when this happens with other exhausts I’ve looked at

PaulPaladin

Reaction score
On the highway with mds there is absolutely no drone. It’s almost no diff than stock on the highway, until you hit a little hill and it downshifts and you get the nicest subtle rumble. Just love it.

JHRebel

Reaction score
On the highway with mds there is absolutely no drone. It’s almost no diff than stock on the highway, until you hit a little hill and it downshifts and you get the nicest subtle rumble. Just love it.
Sold me, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread