5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another TRX Takeoff Question - Minimum lift / wheel spacer for Ram 1500 Laramie? (No air suspension)

bowes884

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport. It does NOT have air suspension.
What is the minimum lift and wheel spacers needed to fit these on a Laramie to avoid rub and cutting?
I think I have an idea on both from reading a few threads of what people have done but curious if anyone knows definitely what the minimum requirements are.
I'll get the CPU updated at the dealer for the speedometer after the rims are put on. Thanks in advance!

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You’re gonna need at least 3.5” of lift for the 34.5” dia …. Now the bigger problem …. You’re gonna 1.5” spacers to handle that 13” wide tire on a +19 rim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ya3coub

Reaction score
I have a 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport. It does NOT have air suspension.
What is the minimum lift and wheel spacers needed to fit these on a Laramie to avoid rub and cutting?
I think I have an idea on both from reading a few threads of what people have done but curious if anyone knows definitely what the minimum requirements are.
I'll get the CPU updated at the dealer for the speedometer after the rims are put on. Thanks in advance!

Without any lift any spacers it will fit perfectly.

It all depends on your tires size.

The oem 18” tires for rebel or bighorn will fit perfectly.

ya3coub

Reaction score
There are pictures of my car in the forum,

I’ve found out the hard way went with 3” front and 2” spacer kit while waiting for my Carlis King package to arrive.

Then added 2” spacers as the tires I went with were 295/65/18 and they were rubbing with the UCA with full extension of the suspension, with the spacers required additional trimming to the rear inner liners.

Get the wheels with 275/65/18 and you won’t need anything else.

We keep pushing for the biggest oem size but yet we keep altering minor modifications here and there.

BowersFJ

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I guess I assumed he got the TRX tires as well …. You are correct about just the rims

ya3coub

Reaction score
p_2266fxyup0.jpeg

socalnonsage

Reaction score
2020 BigHorn 4x4 w/out air suspension
3.5" front (RC Control Arm and 3/5" coilover upgrade) and 2" rear lift (spacers and upgraded shocks)
Ram TRX 18" takeoffs with 325x 65/18 Goodyear Wrangler Territory ATs. I believe these tires are 12.8" in width.

These wheels/tires required a 1.5" wheel spacer (front only) to keep the tire from touching the upper control arm (now has about .5" clearance on full travel).
Then there was the case of a little rubbing on the front fender wells - a tiny bit in the front on both sides (rectified by heatgun and zip ties) and a bit more on the factory mudflaps. The mudflaps were removed and the extended mounting "tab" was bent flush with the wheel well liner to alleviate.

Attachments

• truck2.jpg
    truck2.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 172

bowes884

Reaction score

It was both rims and tires take offs. 325/65/R18. Tried putting one on yesterday with 1.5" spacer. Will need to remove the mud flaps with their mounting bracket in the front and get out a heat gun. I have a 2" leveling kit on the truck currently.

bowes884

Reaction score
3.5" front (RC Control Arm and 3/5" coilover upgrade) and 2" rear lift (spacers and upgraded shocks)
Ram TRX 18" takeoffs with 325x 65/18 Goodyear Wrangler Territory ATs. I believe these tires are 12.8" in width.

These wheels/tires required a 1.5" wheel spacer (front only) to keep the tire from touching the upper control arm (now has about .5" clearance on full travel).
Then there was the case of a little rubbing on the front fender wells - a tiny bit in the front on both sides (rectified by heatgun and zip ties) and a bit more on the factory mudflaps. The mudflaps were removed and the extended mounting "tab" was bent flush with the wheel well liner to alleviate.
Sounds like what I'm dealing with. What did you use to bend the mounting tab flush?

bowes884

Reaction score
So I was able to get the wheels on with no rub (for now). I have maybe 1/8th inch clearance on the back side of the front wheels when turning completely in either direction. Has me leaning towards a 3.5" lift kit vs my current 2" level kit that's installed. I had to completely remove the mud flaps in the front to avoid rub, I bent the mounting tab flush and re-used the plastic trim clips to keep the lining tight (re-drilled holes in lining to line up with flush mounting tabs). The sucky part was dirt built up between my mud flaps and the truck paint and scrapped it a bit. I have a touch-up paint pen that I used but its not perfect. Best part is my stock tires were due to be replaced so the total net cost vs buying new tires was maybe $500.
Really happy with the overall look!

Below is the before and after:

IMG_6705.jpg IMG_0763.jpg

ya3coub

Reaction score
So I was able to get the wheels on with no rub (for now). I have maybe 1/8th inch clearance on the back side of the front wheels when turning completely in either direction. Has me leaning towards a 3.5" lift kit vs my current 2" level kit that's installed. I had to completely remove the mud flaps in the front to avoid rub, I bent the mounting tab flush and re-used the plastic trim clips to keep the lining tight (re-drilled holes in lining to line up with flush mounting tabs). The sucky part was dirt built up between my mud flaps and the truck paint and scrapped it a bit. I have a touch-up paint pen that I used but its not perfect. Best part is my stock tires were due to be replaced so the total net cost vs buying new tires was maybe $500.

View attachment 123653 View attachment 123654

Congratulations,

They look amazing

hlumahan

Reaction score

View attachment 123653 View attachment 123654
does the tire/wheel stick out of the wheel well? or is it flush?

Hward

Reaction score

If you only have spacers in the front, do they noticeably stick out more than the back?

ramdiego

Reaction score

What PSI are you running on the takeoffs?

Julio13

Reaction score

Would you happen to have any pictures of liner where you put tie wraps and how it came out

Users who are viewing this thread