5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another tire/wheel “dilemma” thread

Phcolorado

Reaction score
Hello, first post for me here but appreciate all the helpful info on this site. I purchased a granite Laramie sport at the end of June...what a great truck!
I’m having the Mopar 2 inch lift put on today actually but have been holding off on a tire/wheel purchase because it’s been a really tough decision.

I will put 18’s on it but can’t figure out width, offset, and tire size. Would love to fit 35x12.5 but don’t really want to cut anything and certainly don’t want rub. Can you do that with an 18x9 0 offset? 18x8.5 +18 offset? Can’t find that combo on this site or in the custom offset gallery. I’ve seen 18x9 -12 offset with 35x12.5’s but cutting required. Also considering a K02 tire in 305/65 but far fewer tire options in that size. Would like to stick with a K02 or Grabber ATX. Could also go smaller, like a 285/65 and that leaves a lot of wheel options with more negative offset I imagine but won’t be an ideal tire size.

This will be primarily a street/highway vehicle with occasional Colorado off road journeys. Any insight/feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Awd1990tsi

Reaction score
I have a 35x12.50r20 on a 20x9 wheel with +1 offset. I don’t think 1mm would make or break it. No rub, no trimming or modifying the wheel wells.

Awd1990tsi

Reaction score
Also I should say that I’m lifted with the ready lift 3.5” kit. But my wheels/tires did actually clear at factory height. Drove it with them for 2-3 days before I could get the lift on. No rubbing or anything then either. Much to my amazement.

Phcolorado

Reaction score
Wow, that is surprising. Thanks for the info. I saw you can get the ridge grapplers in 295/70r18 which is 34.3x11.6 which I think would work well with a 0/1 offset but heard mixed reviews on winter performance

Users who are viewing this thread