5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another stupid question...

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I guess I didn't think enough about it, but now that I own it I see there is only 1 12 volt power source in this truck and it's up on top of the dash. WTF, Ram?

So my question is...is that hot all the time or does it power down with the accessory delay feature?

Thanks

eyeguy

Reaction score
My 2020 laramie level 1 has 2. One down in the console below phone holder and one for back seat use. Think it powers down.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I guess I didn't think enough about it, but now that I own it I see there is only 1 12 volt power source in this truck and it's up on top of the dash. WTF, Ram?

So my question is...is that hot all the time or does it power down with the accessory delay feature?

Thanks

Another stupid answer - "if you read the manual..."

you'll find that there is a fuse with two possible positions. Once for switched power and one for constant.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Another stupid answer - "if you read the manual..."

you'll find that there is a fuse with two possible positions. Once for switched power and one for constant.
Yes, I was admittedly being lazy., however...the manual is unclear. It says the outlet on the top of the dash only works when the ignition is in RUN or ACC, but then there's a graphic stating you can move the fuse over to change that.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 4.42.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 4.42.38 PM.png
    381.3 KB · Views: 55

eyeguy

Reaction score
Sorry I should have read the question more closely. I thought you were asking about the 115 outlet. I was refering to the 115 location. Yes I have a 12 volt in that same weird spot. Guessing its for laser/radar detectors?

jdmartin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love the switched one on the dash. The only thing I have left these days that uses a straight 12v socket is my ancient but still functional Bel radar detector.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I love the switched one on the dash. The only thing I have left these days that uses a straight 12v socket is my ancient but still functional Bel radar detector.

Turns out, mine is hot all the time. Glad to know it can be switched.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread