5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Strange Configuration Quirk - Hydro Blue Pearl

Grouper

Reaction score
It looks like the Night Edition package can now be ordered in Hydro Blue Pearl. But when I add the multi-function tailgate, it kicks-out Hydro Blue Pearl.

What's the color selection got to do with the multi function tailgate? Seems so random.

Here's the Google Image Results for 2020 "Hydro Blue Pearl" "Night Edition"

I don't see a single image of a 2020 Hydro Blue Pearl Night Edition. Must be a very recent option selection.

Last edited:

Grouper

Reaction score
And now Hydro Blue Pearl isn't available as a choice on the configuration tool at all.

Grouper

Reaction score
...But when I add the multi-function tailgate, it kicks-out Hydro Blue Pearl.
What is is about the Multi Function Tailgate and Hydro Blue Pearl that don't play well together?

I've been planning to order a Laramie Night Edition. I'd like Hydro Blue Pearl but it's not available with the Night Edition.

So, I figured maybe I'd order e Hydro Blue Pearl Laramie Sport Package and add black wheels and accents after the fact. But whenever I select the Multi Function Tailgate, it kicks Hydro Blue Pearl out of the configuration.

Why the heck does the tailgate option affect the color selection?

john94si

Reaction score
Yea the configurator is really flakely.. mine kept dropping selections to v6 when i get more detailed on my builds.

Grouper

Reaction score
The 2021 configuration tool allowed me to select the Multi-Function Tailgate with Hydro Blue Pearl on a Laramie. (y)

Still no HBP available with the Night Edition though. (n)

john94si

Reaction score
Finally i can get body colored bumpers with a bench.. looks like i maybe upgrading my 2019 to A 21 with Laramie Southwest Edition and its $1k less than my 19 was new 1599148027512.png

john94si

Reaction score
Well i was wrong.. I cannot order a Laramie Southwest Edition from Florida as it is a Texas and neighboring states build.. Damn FCA wtf?

Olive Green 5.7

Reaction score
I could not build the truck I purchased last week either. I've tried various computers / phones thinking it would help. I agree, frustrating.

Oak Grove

Reaction score
John-Where does it say you have to buy it from a Southwest dealer? I was wanting to do the Southwest Edition as well...saves me ~3400 over the Sport edition. Except, I would want to change out the headliner and other tan pieces to black as I don't care for the tan on the top half.

john94si

Reaction score
John-Where does it say you have to buy it from a Southwest dealer? I was wanting to do the Southwest Edition as well...saves me ~3400 over the Sport edition. Except, I would want to change out the headliner and other tan pieces to black as I don't care for the tan on the top half.
1600270819433.png

My Fl dealer called FCA to try and get me one ordered but nope..

neddles

Reaction score
Yeah the SW package and the look of the truck are really nice and as mentioned a great package price. Sadly it's a massive inconvenience for me to acquire one from Wisconsin.

Users who are viewing this thread