5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another really inane feature...(Tire Fill Alerts Disabled)

1FastHemi

Reaction score
I made a 5 way tap, put 4 locking air lines on it for each tire and the 5th goes to the compressor and a gauge. I Hook it up, open the valve and all the pressures equalize. I usually air them all down and then refill from the compressor ( which has a very very good drier on it ) and I can match all 4 tires solid to the same exact PSI everytime. Better than any shop and better than nitrogen BS money shenanigans.

I would love to see some detailed pictures on that 5 way tap! I would like to make myself one.

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Truck has to be running in park. Just put air in and it will honk and flash the hazards when you get it up enough. If you overfill it will honk and flash brakes until you lower the pressure.
Close but not quite correct, the truck does not have to be running, it does need the ignition in RUN mode. See post #2:

tm757

Reaction score
What?!?!? That's insane! I always fill my tires while I'm hanging out of the window driving down the highway at 60mph! :ROFLMAO:
But honestly man...those tire fill assist features have had problems in every car brand that's ever used them...I'd say just forget about it and use a normal tire gauge when filling the tires...always will be the most accurate.
Mine is pretty accurate. It may vary by 1-2 psi on a tire. Awesome feature they don’t advertise.

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine is pretty accurate. It may vary by 1-2 psi on a tire. Awesome feature they don’t advertise.
I can't disagree...they're good for checking psi while on the road. But when filling the tires, I go by my $3 pressure gauge. My stock tired were at about 50 psi when I first got my Ram...didn't find out until I manually checked the pressure myself lol

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I think it's also only on certain trims - I haven't seen this option on my Rebel (8.4 unit, not the 'c' model w/nav)

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think it's also only on certain trims - I haven't seen this option on my Rebel (8.4 unit, not the 'c' model w/nav)
I would think that the Rebel would be the one trim where it's definitely included since it's an off road truck! I would double check that

Users who are viewing this thread