5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another New member from Texas

ddssanchez

Reaction score
Hello,
I have just purchased my first ram. A 2020 built to serve in gator green. Hemi, 3.92 rear, 4x4. I am flying from San Antonio to Dallas area tomorrow to take delivery of the truck. It has 12 miles on it. Any advice on the first drive as I return to SA. I was planning on taking it easy on the engine, no burnouts and probably staying below 70. Am I being too cautious here.
Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200425-092543.jpg
    Screenshot_20200425-092543.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 24

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Howdy from Fort Worth.

I took back roads down to Austin when I was first breaking mine in, but that was also because it gave me more of an opportunity to enjoy the truck. So far, so good - 18 months in!

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
@ddssanchez,

Hello from Houston and congratulations on your first RAM!

Pls add your truck's vitals to your signature when you have a chance. This makes it easier for other folks to help in case you have questions or concerns about your vehicle.

ddssanchez

Reaction score
Howdy from Fort Worth.

I took back roads down to Austin when I was first breaking mine in, but that was also because it gave me more of an opportunity to enjoy the truck. So far, so good - 18 months in!
Thanks SpeedyV. That's what I was planning to do is head down 281 and try to stay off of 35 as much as possible. I'll be going right by you the dealeryis Glenn Polk in Gainesville.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
See if you qualify for the “Bonus Drive” $250 rebate. Not everyone does however it’s free money.

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Welcome, from SA too. Great looking truck!
I’d def take the back roads home. Give it a better break in. Main thing is to not stay at one rpm for long period of time.

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Welcome and congratulations on your new truck , in the owners manual it says to keep speeds to 80 kph which is 50 mph for the first 62 miles and then moderately for the next 250 miles

Users who are viewing this thread