5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Lightbar install

firemedic10584

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Another lightbar install completed. This time on my dad's 2023 big horn. We debated on going the rough country route where it's hidden behind the trim piece and replacing that trim piece with the see-through style, but that cost added up pretty quick to almost $300. I was very impressed with the quality of the Lasfit 22" bar, so that's what we went with here. Mounted directly to the trim piece and is on there firm, no concerns of it coming off or vibrating going down the road. Wired the relay trigger into the high beam trigger, which is also the thicker white with green tracer wire (same as trucks with LED headlights). $100 in the setup with the bar and the wiring harness.

Side note, for some reason in the picture the bar looks off-center, it is in fact centered on that trim piece, I measured it 15 times before I drilled lol.

Attachments

• IMG-1877.jpg
    IMG-1877.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 193
  • IMG-1878.jpg
    IMG-1878.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 192

Chambo

Reaction score
Another lightbar install completed. This time on my dad's 2023 big horn. We debated on going the rough country route where it's hidden behind the trim piece and replacing that trim piece with the see-through style, but that cost added up pretty quick to almost $300. I was very impressed with the quality of the Lasfit 22" bar, so that's what we went with here. Mounted directly to the trim piece and is on there firm, no concerns of it coming off or vibrating going down the road. Wired the relay trigger into the high beam trigger, which is also the thicker white with green tracer wire (same as trucks with LED headlights). $100 in the setup with the bar and the wiring harness.

Side note, for some reason in the picture the bar looks off-center, it is in fact centered on that trim piece, I measured it 15 times before I drilled lol.
Hi,
I have a 2500 I am looking to put a light bar on, but I want to make sure I can find a good (and safe) pick up point for the high beam trigger. Where exactly did you pick up the trigger in the 1500?
Cheers, Kevin.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Wired the relay trigger into the high beam trigger, which is also the thicker white with green tracer wire.

It's right in the post.

Users who are viewing this thread