5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Intro/New Tire Thread

James066

Reaction score
Hello all,

First time Ram owner here from up in the great white north. So I'm in the process of researching tires. The truck came with KO2's installed and I want to sell them and replace them. My question for the group is a 2 part'er. So I bought this vehicle with the sole purpose of towing a travel trailer and daily driving. I'm over the "cool look" of the aggressive all terrain tires and am now focused on fuel economy, comfort and safety when the trailer is hooked up. So the first question is now that I've decided on the Michelin Defender LTX M/S tires, are there any LT versions of this tire or higher load rating ones than the SL which is what my stock size is that will actually fit? Tirerack tells me no and that I don't need a tire with a higher load rating. I should mention the truck is stock and I plan on keeping it that way. The 2nd question is, I've heard a lot of people saying they'll run those Michelin tires all year round in snow and ice with no issue. I've always had at minimum an extreme winter rated all terrain tire during the winter months and have ran Blizzaks and Hakka's any other time. Now I'm aware that a lot of truck people are of the opinion that "it's a truck, all seasons are just fine, never had an issue", but a dedicated winter tire will always win when it comes to braking. So I was just looking to gather a consensus on those two questions.

Also...Merry Christmas!

James066

Reaction score
The guy at my local tire shop says that a 113T rated tire can handle well over the gvwr of the truck. Would they be fine for towing a 7495 gvwr travel trailer?

James066

Reaction score
Can anyone confirm that a 275/60R20 will fit without issue with the truck in stock configuration?

Users who are viewing this thread