5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another exhaust thread

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
Hey guys. I currently have the b2fab magnaflow on my truck. I had a 14" magnaflow on my last 3 4th gens, and it seemed significantly louder. (My brother has one on his 4th gen too and it is noticeably louder than my 2019) did they change the resonator design on these trucks? At idle, mine doesnt seem much louder than stock. So my main question for this post is...is the borla s type exhaust ridiculously louder? Ive been contemplating it, but i dont want to sound like billy bob in his 95 z71 with cherry bombs popping past everyones house lol. I also think the quietness while driving also has to do with the 8 speed keeping the rpms low.

popcenator

Reaction score
The Borla S-Type has the best tone of any exhaust IMO. It's deep, loud when you're accelerating, but pretty quiet when cruising. I haven't heard one in person, so this is all experienced through videos for what it's worth. I plan on getting the S-Type myself soon.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
5th gen have a extra resonator is why. If you want louder I would go a step down or full delete. To be cost effective to what’s already been installed

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well we all know how much I love exhausts lol, so I have to say I’m very very happy with my current Mopar one. In fact I send my wife out several times just so that I can hear it as she leaves.

popcenator

Reaction score
Well we all know how much I love exhausts lol, so I have to say I’m very very happy with my current Mopar one. In fact I send my wife out several times just so that I can hear it as she leaves.
I may have done that with my 2012 a time or two lol.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

TEXAG

Reaction score
Anyone running the magnaflow direct fit muffler 19433?

Not the same, but for reference, I bought a used/returned Magnaflow 11229 (I chose this model based on the muffler B2 uses) on Amazon for $75 and had a muffler shop weld it in place of the stock muffler. It was super cheap and sounds great if you are looking for something that isnt too loud. I would expect the B2 magnaflow option to sound identical. The 19433 is probably alittle louder, looks like a bullet style muffler.

Users who are viewing this thread