5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another eTorque question...........

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
I recently took possession of my 2020 Limited last week that I ordered. It has the Hemi with eTorque and 3.21 gears. When I come to a stop, the engine shuts down like it should. But even though I do not take my foot off the brake or change foot pressuse on the brake pedal, the motor starts back up after about 15 seconds even though I’m still at a dead stop. Is there an adjustment that needs to be made to the eTorque or flash update? Has anyone else experienced this? As I understand the eTorque system, it should shut the engine off and stay off for up to 10 minutes if you never take your foot off the brake pedal.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I recently took possession of my 2020 Limited last week that I ordered. It has the Hemi with eTorque and 3.21 gears. When I come to a stop, the engine shuts down like it should. But even though I do not take my foot off the brake or change foot pressuse on the brake pedal, the motor starts back up after about 15 seconds even though I’m still at a dead stop. Is there an adjustment that needs to be made to the eTorque or flash update? Has anyone else experienced this? As I understand the eTorque system, it should shut the engine off and stay off for up to 10 minutes if you never take your foot off the brake pedal.
Per your owner’s manual, there are quite a few conditions that need to be met to keep the engine off. If you’re running A/C on a hot day, for example, the cabin is unlikely to stay cool enough with the engine off to avoid a restart. I’ll experience long shut-off times in other seasons, but not in summer.

Brianziggy64

Reaction score
Oh ok great. I did have my AC on every time! It‘s hot in Hotlanta!! Thanks!!

Last edited:

smashweights

Reaction score
It will restart for a variety of reasons, mainly if the battery is not charged enough or if the cabin temp gets too far away from the set temp. On very hot days it only shuts off for like 30s for me but if it's cooler will shut off for quite a while even if you have AC tuned on. Climate control seems to be the most common trigger.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^ What they said. There is also a stop/start screen you can pull up that will show which conditions are not met.

Users who are viewing this thread