5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another dead one!

GoMango16

Reaction score
Had a dead truck the morning. So dead the steps would not deploy and a buzzing from under the hood. Could not charge it as the charger cables would get very hot. called for a tow and the guy's portable jump starter box would not star it and went dead after the third time trying to start it. His reaction was "I have started semi trucks with this!". Had it flat bedded to the dealer.Build date 10/10/18.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe the battery is shorted inside the battery.

This exact thing happened to me last week. Had to jump the truck and then even letting it run and driving it for over an hour, it would still not start immediately after. Jumped it and brought it into the dealer and the next day they gave it back with an oil change and fresh battery. (The battery was covered under my warranty, build date of Aug 2018 on the truck)

GoMango16

Reaction score
Update.... Battery was shorted out so bad, it would kick their charger out and couldn't get a reading. Service manager is a friend of mine and said they had a couple but not as bad as mine..seems to run better than before....Thanks for the input....JB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online