5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another Bike Mount Option

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, I was looking for a way to carry my bike without laying it down in the bed. With my Titan I mounted a fork mount to the utilitrack rail on the back of the bed, but the Ram doesn't have those. I considered the BUG rails, but they mount really low. I also considered mounting a rail myself to the back of the bed, but I was hesitant to drill into the bed.

I wanted to be able to keep my bed cover on as well as close the tailgate. My solution? Bolt the fork mounts to the bed cover! There's a rail right at the top when it's folded up, and it lets me get 3 bikes side by side with the tailgate closed. A couple M6 rivnuts and bolts per mount, and they're good to go. Tested it at 75-80mph for about 40 miles with zero issue, but I'll probably run a ratchet strap through the bike frame just for extra security. I can also close the bed cover with them still attached, and it doesn't mess with the extender.

Attachments

• mount1.jpg
    mount1.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 94
  • mount2.jpg
    mount2.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 91
  • mount3.jpg
    mount3.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 93
  • mount4.jpg
    mount4.jpg