5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another 22" tire question...I know, I know

ConfusedStig

Reaction score
So, in need of tires pretty soon as my GOD AWFUL oem crapyears are just about done after a huge 26k miles. I was planning on sizing up but there's really not a whole lot out there in the 305/33 space that aren't super meaty AT/MT's, and as I drive 98% on road looks like I'll stick to the stock 285/45/22s.

With that being said I've narrowed my search down to HT's as that would probably be the best fit for me (2wd Limited, looking for mostly on road manners and long tread life 60-70k) and am currently looking at the Continental TerrainContact H/T and the "I didn't even know it existed" Falken Wildpeak HT02. Almost a coin flip...leaning towards the Continentals, but trying to find out more about the Falkens (had Wildpeak AT3Ws on my Jeep and liked them for that application). It seems like they're fairly new, and can't find much data on them (Tire Rack testing, long term reviews etc.). Anyone running them? Thoughts? I've searched and read a few reviews on here for the Conti HT but if anyone running them wants to chime in that'd be great.

Beyond that, any suggestions for tires in the HT/very mild AT (thinking Conti TerrainContact AT at most) would be appreciated. Pro's, Con's, Rants and Rave welcome. Thanks!

Gitchapull

Reaction score
Toyo Proxes, Yokohama Paradas, Kuhmo Ecstas, Michelin Ltx’s, Nitto 420V, General Grabbers are all street/performance 305/45/22 and all of them ride and handle better than the Goodyear’s. The extra sidewall and the extra width really makes a difference in these trucks handling. Go 305 and don’t look back

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Toyo Proxes, Yokohama Paradas, Kuhmo Ecstas, Michelin Ltx’s, Nitto 420V, General Grabbers are all street/performance 305/45/22 and all of them ride and handle better than the Goodyear’s. The extra sidewall and the extra width really makes a difference in these trucks handling. Go 305 and don’t look back
Can't wait for my stock tires to be done so I can order some 305s. Gonna go with Nitto I think.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

PaulSD

Reaction score
I have a '19 Limited and just bought the Continental Terrain Contact A/T in 285/45R22. I've only had them a couple of weeks, but really like them. They look great and I love the ride. Incidentally, I was talking with the guy at Discount Tire, and he said they've had people comment that the H/T version was noisy. I know it's all subjective. I do not notice any tire noise with the A/T beyond what the stock Goodyear Eagles had.

Attachments

• PXL_20220305_221545018.jpg
    PXL_20220305_221545018.jpg
    150.9 KB · Views: 94
  • PXL_20220305_221600415.jpg
    PXL_20220305_221600415.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 97
  • PXL_20220305_221837828.jpg
    PXL_20220305_221837828.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 95

suln

Reaction score
Ended up getting Nitto 305s because my stocks got a bulge. View attachment 123385
Nice, been talking to a fee tire shops, and i am looking to put some Nt420v tires on my 2022. They told me the load rating is “too low”. Any one tell you tht wen you went to put these on? I think the rating is enough just dont know.

31RamIt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice, been talking to a fee tire shops, and i am looking to put some Nt420v tires on my 2022. They told me the load rating is “too low”. Any one tell you tht wen you went to put these on? I think the rating is enough just dont know.
Oh they're fine. Never heard anything like that from anyone. Pretty sure they have a higher load rating than my stocks

suln

Reaction score
Oh they're fine. Never heard anything like that from anyone. Pretty sure they have a higher load rating than my stocks
Yeah ok, one of the shops was a bigger company a local chain, and i think its a liability thing for them, “they have to put tires that can do all the vehicle is rated” so max payload rating for the tires and that limots the tires to like 3 tires lol. Thanks tho, im gunna go with which ever tire i want, but to be fair my stock load rating is 117 and the tires im looking at all have 112 load rating so it is a bit lower, but i do not tow, i only highway and street drive.
Another thing the guy said was, when the load rating is “too low” for the vehicle then when they get hot from highway droving speeds, they crack.. but idk man im on the fence

Users who are viewing this thread