5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another 2021 E-Torque stalling

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm up to 3 stalls. I'll mention the S/S button light at the final oil change.

Rdub22

Reaction score
After having the stall issue last night and the CEL coming on, I dropped it off at the dealership last night. This morning they did a flash update for TSB 08-093-22. Seems like this update has more to do with low stall speed when in tow/ haul mode (wasn’t using at the time), guess we’ll see what happens moving forward.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
After having the stall issue last night and the CEL coming on, I dropped it off at the dealership last night. This morning they did a flash update for TSB 08-093-22. Seems like this update has more to do with low stall speed when in tow/ haul mode (wasn’t using at the time), guess we’ll see what happens moving forward.
I thought this was the TSB?

Attachments

• 2F136EBF-9D4C-4183-ABF8-3148C9950D24.jpeg
    2F136EBF-9D4C-4183-ABF8-3148C9950D24.jpeg
    93.4 KB · Views: 57

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
I have an appointment next Friday 06-03 to have the TSB done so we'll see how it goes. It's only happened once to me but that's more than enough for me to be concerned.

Cliffrunner88

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Cbty - have you had issues with your 22? I noticed the tsb states 21 model year. My 22 just stalled when coming to a stop and shifted into P. Was difficult to restart and now has a check engine light on. shortly after cold start, less than a mile from my house. Dropped it off at the dealer after hours, hopefully they can look at it tomorrow.
At least for my '21 it didn't have the check engine light on after either time.
Maybe this is a different issue?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
At least for my '21 it didn't have the check engine light on after either time.
Maybe this is a different issue?
Mine does not either. I'm wondering if the etorque knows its supposed to keep going from pedal command. Mine has never demanded shift to park either. Died 3 times and came to life after about a second and rolling 30 feet.

JDBehm

Reaction score
An update approximately 6 months after having the TSB performed and I have had no issues whatsoever so hopefully this takes care of everyone's problems with that symptom.

RGFILIPPI02

Reaction score
I have a 2021 1500 E-Torque with 9170 miles on it and had it stall on me this morning. I see plenty of complaints on this issue and will file a report but wanted to add my name to the list of complaints for my due diligence. My situation was slowing down for a right turn in our neighborhood and after completing the turn the truck engine was off. No warning dings or engine lights, no rough running and I only noticed it wasn't running when it didn't respond after I pressed the accelerator. The center cluster told me to shift to park and that auto braking had been engaged. I always run with the auto start/stop disengaged so that was off. It did start right back up but of course now I'm waiting for it to happen again and will be hesitant to let my wife drive it.

I will make an appointment with my dealer even though it sounds like they won't find anything just to have it logged. Has anyone had any findings in this yet or am I just another number at this point?

Thanks and this is my first post so please politely move it if I posted in the wrong area.
Any solutions from Ram regarding your previous stalling issue?

RGFILIPPI02

Reaction score
I would like to buy a new 2022 Ram 1500,, but am unsure of what engine to choose. I am concerned about the stalling issues that appear to happen most frequently with the e-torque option. I would be towing a 3000 pound 8X14ft single axle trailer with two Bad Boy zero turn mowers, a Toro self propelled mower and other tools plus at least 20 gallons of gas in containers. Any constructive suggestions would be appreciated.

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, exactly what the dealer did to resolve it. Has been running for almost a month now since the flash and haven't had any problems.

An update approximately 6 months after having the TSB performed and I have had no issues whatsoever so hopefully this takes care of everyone's problems with that symptom.
Also, no stalling issues from me since the update. (My S/S light works as well now)

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No stalling issues pulling a 24' boat or 28' travel trailer.

Users who are viewing this thread