5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying squeak from driver seat

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or so I thought. For the past month or so, my truck would make a squeaking/rubbing sound that appeared to be coming from my drivers seat while driving on rough roads. It sounded a lot like springs that needed to be oiled. Yesterday I decided to detail my interior. I pulled my floor mats and pressure washed them. After a good vacuuming, I reinstalled my mats. That’s when I discovered the source of my squeak. The plastic clips that hold the floor mats in place were rubbing on their mounting posts. Any slight movement of the mat made them squeak. I pulled all my mats and wd40’d the clips from the bottom of the mats, cleaned the excess and reinstalled. All squeaking gone. If I had looked for the source, I would have never looked there. Hope this helps some of you. 30,752 miles on my truck, still going strong!!

MayhemMOORE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Or so I thought. For the past month or so, my truck would make a squeaking/rubbing sound that appeared to be coming from my drivers seat while driving on rough roads. It sounded a lot like springs that needed to be oiled. Yesterday I decided to detail my interior. I pulled my floor mats and pressure washed them. After a good vacuuming, I reinstalled my mats. That’s when I discovered the source of my squeak. The plastic clips that hold the floor mats in place were rubbing on their mounting posts. Any slight movement of the mat made them squeak. I pulled all my mats and wd40’d the clips from the bottom of the mats, cleaned the excess and reinstalled. All squeaking gone. If I had looked for the source, I would have never looked there. Hope this helps some of you. 30,752 miles on my truck, still going strong!!

I experienced the same issue. It was driving me nuts thinking it was the seat, then I realized it was happening anytime I moved my feet or got in/out of the truck, before even putting my weight on the seat. Sure enough, it turned out to be the floor mat anchors. I have the Husky liners, not sure if yours are original or aftermarket, I just haven't gotten around to removing them and finding a way to totally silence it. I'll likely pull them this weekend when I clean and then use a silicone spray to see if it takes care of it.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I've had this happen a few months ago and it went away, but yeah, I've thought about doing the same if it returns.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I experienced the same issue. It was driving me nuts thinking it was the seat, then I realized it was happening anytime I moved my feet or got in/out of the truck, before even putting my weight on the seat. Sure enough, it turned out to be the floor mat anchors. I have the Husky liners, not sure if yours are original or aftermarket, I just haven't gotten around to removing them and finding a way to totally silence it. I'll likely pull them this weekend when I clean and then use a silicone spray to see if it takes care of it.
Mine are factory, but like you, it was driving me nuts because every time I hit a bump, my legs moved and the squeak sounded.

Users who are viewing this thread