5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying Rattle, Cannot Find Source

Evan122

Reaction score
Hey guys
Rattle started happening recently. 20k on truck now.
Its a pop/creeking/rattle that occurs when I go over bumps and when turning up into my driveway or any point where the truck flexes a small amount and when turning the steering wheel. Won't allow me to attach my videos unfortunately. This is an interior sound coming from around the steering wheel/drivers side area

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys
Rattle started happening recently. 20k on truck now.
Its a pop/creeking/rattle that occurs when I go over bumps and when turning up into my driveway or any point where the truck flexes a small amount and when turning the steering wheel. Won't allow me to attach my videos unfortunately. This is an interior sound coming from around the steering wheel/drivers side area
Please post the details about your truck.

GKIII

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had this happen, turned out to be a loose fastener in the door. The washer was rattling.

Not saying that's precisely your problem, but it's probably something stupid like that.

Evan122

Reaction score
I had this happen, turned out to be a loose fastener in the door. The washer was rattling.

Not saying that's precisely your problem, but it's probably something stupid like that.
Thanks for the response man, my OCD is killing me over these rattles. Had the switch cluster(traction control etc) ordered because that friggin thing was rattling like a marraca. Just one thing after another

Users who are viewing this thread