5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annoying dash rattle / vibration - from the gear selector?

Flot

Reaction score
Really happy with my 22 Limited so far, but on quiet drives there's been a bit of a rattle inside that's been making me nuts - finally realized I can stop it by pushing on the gear selector knob, or that panel.

Anybody else have this? I think it may be the entire gear switch assembly, does it pop out?

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You can look on youtube ( Hanks garage ) posted a video on how to replace a 2019+ Ram 1500 gear selector .

Flot

Reaction score
i would bring it to the dealer, the warranty covers that

Unlike the many things I've taken to my dealer that were easy to reproduce which they mysteriously couldn't - I really wouldn't expect them to fix this. It's an annoying buzzy rattle but very quiet. I was hoping that whole panel pops forward out of the dash and I could try to put a tiny bit of material behind it somewhere to drop the vibrations. Found a listing on ebay though and it looks like it screws in from all sides behind the dash and is considerably bigger than the cutout.

The video above on replacing the knob is interesting - short version, pry the center black cover off and then three screws - but I don't think my problem is actually with the knob assembly, but the whole thing vibrating. I may try a little silicone spray or armor-all (yuk) around the edges and see if that helps.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Unlike the many things I've taken to my dealer that were easy to reproduce which they mysteriously couldn't - I really wouldn't expect them to fix this. It's an annoying buzzy rattle but very quiet. I was hoping that whole panel pops forward out of the dash and I could try to put a tiny bit of material behind it somewhere to drop the vibrations. Found a listing on ebay though and it looks like it screws in from all sides behind the dash and is considerably bigger than the cutout.

The video above on replacing the knob is interesting - short version, pry the center black cover off and then three screws - but I don't think my problem is actually with the knob assembly, but the whole thing vibrating. I may try a little silicone spray or armor-all (yuk) around the edges and see if that helps.
its your choice,

ive done it with my last ram, and the dealer mecanic did a test drive with me, he choose bumbpy road to reproduce the rattle and it work

not only he did fix that one but he fond one i didnt know about...

its worth it to give them a chance

n9ne4

Reaction score
Just went through this if you have a full center console(about 100% sure you do) I have found it is the trim that runs on top of where the slider is all the way up by the centerdash under there.

n9ne4

Reaction score
Right here.

Attachments

• maxresdefault.jpg
    maxresdefault.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread