5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Annnnnnd I let it idle

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
No hard feelings. Just pushing buttons since you are easy to trigger and think your opinion is the only one that matters.

My opinion on the gear ratio is based on facts; kind of hard to get that one wrong. My opinion on the hemi tick I've stated in this thread once, nothing worth you getting all snarky over. If you get off on thinking you're pushing peoples buttons, then you do you 🤷‍♂️

Idahoktm

Reaction score
My opinion on the gear ratio is based on facts; kind of hard to get that one wrong. My opinion on the hemi tick I've stated in this thread once, nothing worth you getting all snarky over. If you get off on thinking you're pushing peoples buttons, then you do you 🤷‍♂️
Actually, you haven't posted any facts. All you have posted is unsubstantiated opinion.

You do come off as a bit of a know-it-all and that's probably what is triggering the responses you are getting.

silver billet

Reaction score
Actually, you haven't posted any facts. All you have posted is unsubstantiated opinion.

You do come off as a bit of a know-it-all and that's probably what is triggering the responses you are getting.

You people need to give it a rest. I posted my opinion, you all posted yours, I moved on days ago from that thread I suggest you put on your big boy pants and do the same. There is no need for childish drama and "triggered responses", this is the "5th gen forum", not "5th grade".

alexzanardi

Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2019 Ram with HEMI engine, the car towards 70,000 km began to report low oil pressure but the sump was full of oil and I had recently changed so it was also fresh oil and the one indicated by the manufacturer, now the car makes a very bad noise and I'm afraid to use the car, I wouldn't want the engine to break, has anyone had the same problem ???

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 2019 Ram with HEMI engine, the car towards 70,000 km began to report low oil pressure but the sump was full of oil and I had recently changed so it was also fresh oil and the one indicated by the manufacturer, now the car makes a very bad noise and I'm afraid to use the car, I wouldn't want the engine to break, has anyone had the same problem ???
You would probably be better off posting your own thread about this so people can see it easily instead of it being buried in another thread.

Ramaholic

Reaction score
Sometimes I feel like I shouldn't own a car/truck. Or anything nice.

So my kiddo (6yr old) LOVES airplanes. We drove by the airport today and saw one take off up close from the busy road, and she got so excited - it was awesome actually. Well, I pulled off so we could watch more, and when she got her seatbelt undone, she kicked over her milk bottle. I went around to help her out and do a quick clean up and we went into the back of the truck to watch. She LOVED it.

In the mayhem as I parked, I forgot to shut off the engine bc I went after the milk.

NEVER heard the engine running because we were on a very noisy/busy road and, well, you know, airplanes.

That thing idled for 40min.

After all the threads, and the excerpt in the manual...think I did anything bad? Overall, I have low idle hours. 6800 miles on the truck. The oil was just changed 700 miles ago.

Ramaholic

Reaction score
No harm was done. My 2015 Rebel was my office, it had way more idle hrs than driving hrs. 135k miles and never had an issue with that truck. Best truck i’ve ever owned. I used nothing except mobil 1 oil with regular oil changes.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
LOL you beat me to it.
One of the best movies ever, even if half the members here are too young to catch the reference.
Since I’m almost 40 and have no idea what that is, I’d guess a majority of people here have no idea either

KrustyKush

Reaction score
All my life of using cars, trucks and motorcycles, I've "known" that idling for "too long" is not particularly good for a motor. For various reasons, depending on engine design. I use this 2021 Laramie mostly to pull a 7k lb rv trailer. I even fret over the idling time required in hooking up and disconnecting the trailer. It never runs even close to 40 mins, but I try hard to avoid any more than a very few minutes of idling. I will kill the motor and put the wear and tear on the starter, rather than let the motor sit and idle.

It is a waste of fuel, and puts the vehicle into a state that the designers probably would rather the users not do. I figure the designers expect a certain amount of idling, as happens in the normal course of use, such as rv-ing, or traffic slow-downs in SoCal, where I live. But hours of sitting and idling just to keep the A/C blowing seems to me to be ridiculous.

AlbertaClipper

Reaction score
Since I’m almost 40 and have no idea what that is, I’d guess a majority of people here have no idea either
Stripes. Early 80s movie with Bill Murray and Harold Ramis (Egon from Ghostbusters) when they did everything together and were still friends. They had a falling out during Groundhog Day. Anyways, it's a cult classic, stupid as all get out, but if you like Bill Murray, it's hilarious.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Stripes. Early 80s movie with Bill Murray and Harold Ramis (Egon from Ghostbusters) when they did everything together and were still friends. They had a falling out during Groundhog Day. Anyways, it's a cult classic, stupid as all get out, but if you like Bill Murray, it's hilarious.
Thanks- that was around the year I was born. I do love Bill Murray though. The wife and I even went to see him a few years ago in a show named something like “an intimate evening with Bill Murray” at a small venue. Bot sure how I missed seeing that movie, but I’m definitely going to watch Stripes now.

alexzanardi

Reaction score
No harm was done. My 2015 Rebel was my office, it had way more idle hrs than driving hrs. 135k miles and never had an issue with that truck. Best truck i’ve ever owned. I used nothing except mobil 1 oil with regular oil changes.
Thank you!

alexzanardi

Reaction score
You would probably be better off posting your own thread about this so people can see it easily instead of it being buried in another thread.
Thanks for the suggestion, this is the first time I write on the forum, I will do as you suggested, thanks!

Shots

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Don't forget John Candy. It had a pretty big name cast. And yes, it's absolutely hilarious.

Side note if you want a chuckle. The Honor Guard from US Army Human Resource Command recreated the Razzle Dazzle sequence. If I've done it correctly, this should link it → https://www.facebook.com/plugins/video.php?href=https://www.facebook.com/FortKnoxKY/videos/10153623229297231/&show_text=0&width=560

Thanks- that was around the year I was born. I do love Bill Murray though. The wife and I even went to see him a few years ago in a show named something like “an intimate evening with Bill Murray” at a small venue. Bot sure how I missed seeing that movie, but I’m definitely going to watch Stripes now.
See, something good came from all that bickering. You're in for a treat.

Users who are viewing this thread