5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android phone won't connect via USB

tomybalint16

Reaction score
So I bought a new 19 rebel and the front 2 ports when I connect my android phone using either USB or USB c, the phone connects and disconets rights away and connects again and disconets. Repeating over and over. I tried 2 diffrent android phones and one apple phone. With the Apple it doesn't disconnect. It almost seems like the android phones reject to accept the connection. Anyone had this issue?

WildCanuck

Reaction score
I had this issue with MY19 Power Wagon when I first picked it up. All I did was uninstall Android Auto on my S9 and reinstalled. Then when I connected the phone back to the Truck, Android Auto started right up and my phone stopped having the issue of connecting/disconnecting.

tomybalint16

Reaction score
I uninstalled android auto completely and tried connecting it without having android auto installed and same thing happens. A window came up once saying Device isn't supported. Do all 19 rams come equipped with android auto? But I mean even if it doesn't. It still doesn't connect to the USB.

dano257

Reaction score
I had the exact same problem. I used the USB cable from the Samsung wall charger and it has worked perfectly since then.

tomybalint16

Reaction score
I also use the cable from the charger. The original one that came with the phone. The car doesn't even react when I plug it in only sometimes a message comes up saying Device not supported. I just see on the phone that it starts charging stops charging starts charging and so on.

dano257

Reaction score
I also use the cable from the charger. The original one that came with the phone. The car doesn't even react when I plug it in only sometimes a message comes up saying Device not supported. I just see on the phone that it starts charging stops charging starts charging and so on.
I have seen on other threads where the USB hub in the truck was bad and it was replaced under warranty. That was going to be my next step if the phone cable didn't work.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Make sure you are clearing the app's cache and storage --doing an uninstall and reinstall doesn't do this so you're not really accomplishing anything there. My Note 9 and OP7 Pro work perfectly. BTW, in AA's settings on your phone, you can click "new AA beta" and give that a try. I like the new style myself.

Users who are viewing this thread