5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android auto

Fivepoint5

Reaction score
For the past two days my Android auto has not been working in my 2019 ram 8.4 inch uconnect not sure why I bought a different cord thinking it will make a difference but it didn't the phone I'm using is Samsung Galaxy s9 plus can anyone help me with this issue or is anyone else experiencing this issue

Barnyard

Reaction score
Do you have USB debugging enabled by any chance? My Pixel 3 wouldn't connect until I disabled it. Weird, but worth a shot

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

jaychris

Reaction score
For the past two days my Android auto has not been working in my 2019 ram 8.4 inch uconnect not sure why I bought a different cord thinking it will make a difference but it didn't the phone I'm using is Samsung Galaxy s9 plus can anyone help me with this issue or is anyone else experiencing this issue

Weird, it had been working great for me until yesterday, now I'm in the same boat. Pixel XL.

badzdad

Reaction score
I stopped using it. Android Auto made my phone run like complete crap. I have the Pixel 3 XL. I was super stoked to have AA in the new truck since my 2013 didn’t have it. Used it for about 3 days and just flat gave up on it.

steveg9944

Reaction score
I noticed if battery saver was turned on, my galaxy started having problems with android auto. Other than that my galaxy s9 plus has been working fine.

Rick8325

Reaction score
Check to see if a usb thumb drive loaded with music will play. If it's not recognized as media, it's probably a bad USB media hub. There have been known issues. Had mine replaced.

Tarheel14

Reaction score
Sometimes when I plug in the USB cord and use Android Auto... the left side of the speakers (12" Uconnect, HK 19 speakers) stop playing. I can unplug it and plug it back in and then it starts working. I know that when notifications happen on my phone the sound is muted temporarily. You can temporarily disable notifications but I do not want to do that. Galaxy S8+.

rconiv

Reaction score
I haven't had much luck using Android Autoplay, it seems from the interface on the stereo, to be something designed by a 12 year old in their first semester of programming class. I tell it to not load on my phone, which then causes it to ask how do I want to connect to the USB, and I say deny, and then it asks to install AA again, which I say not now, and the cycle will repeat, till I unplug it, plug in my iPod, and then plug it in, and then it gets upset that it is in charging only mode. I let that time out, turn on the phone, select deny to accessing things on my phone, which then causes the your phone is in charging only mode again. I can't do anything really with it on the split screen, and if I am wanting to use the on-board nav, it will take over, even if I tell it to go back to uconnect. As soon as I go back to split screen, it shows the uconnect nav for a bit, and then goes to AA.

I am guessing I am supposed to be doing all the stuff on the phone or doing some type of voice commands, but it just seems to be a bulky unwielding program. The Apple carplay has a much better interface.

Cygnus A

Reaction score
Android Auto will fail to start on occasion. Sometimes replugging the USB triggers it. Other times I have to reset my Uconnect to factory then it will work. Something is buggy in the software i think .

Users who are viewing this thread