5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto

jtodd5781

Reaction score
There needs to be a class on how to use Android Auto to send text messages with the Uconnect 12.1 system. I miss my 2017 with the 8.4 where I could send text messages as long as I was linked to my phone wirelessly whereas now it has to be connected to the USB port.

redevil

Reaction score
There needs to be a class on how to use Android Auto to send text messages with the Uconnect 12.1 system. I miss my 2017 with the 8.4 where I could send text messages as long as I was linked to my phone wirelessly whereas now it has to be connected to the USB port.
On the Android Auto settings on your phone try turning off the Wireless Android Auto. This should allow you to send text messages when it is not connected via USB. I had issues seeing the text messages when this was toggled on and when I was not plugged in with a USB cord. Now I can see the text messages come up and reply using the Uconnect predefined text messages. Or replying using your Google Assistant to reply to a text message.

Yotaman

Reaction score
I'm here trying to get some instructions on getting turn by turn to play I can hear the radio sound "dim" down some but never hear the instructions. On my wife's Charger works like it is supposed to.

Dave L

Reaction score
I had this problem and hopefully it works for you. First make sure the audio isn't muted on the android auto settings. If it is not, set a destination and wait until the radio sound dims down and then turn up radio volume. For some reason, the volume levels are separate but you can only control the turn by turn volume when it is actually speaking. Hope that helps you

Yotaman

Reaction score
I had this problem and hopefully it works for you. First make sure the audio isn't muted on the android auto settings. If it is not, set a destination and wait until the radio sound dims down and then turn up radio volume. For some reason, the volume levels are separate but you can only control the turn by turn volume when it is actually speaking. Hope that helps you
I will try that

Users who are viewing this thread