5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto

Edge

Reaction score
Anyone use a wireless charger for Samsung S7 and have Android Auto work? Or does it only work while it's wired directly?
Thanks!

dano257

Reaction score
Anyone use a wireless charger for Samsung S7 and have Android Auto work? Or does it only work while it's wired directly?
Thanks!
I dont have the S7, but I have not been able to find a way to get Android Auto to work wirelessly.

Konrad

Reaction score
Current generation of uConnect systems does not support wireless AA. The announced upcoming 5th generation will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edge

Reaction score
Current generation of uConnect systems does not support wireless AA. The announced upcoming 5th generation will.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wonder if we're going to be able to upgrade with the truck and cell phone I have with no additional costs.

Konrad

Reaction score
Nope. The upcoming 5th gen uConnect is Android based. Different hardware.
As to Samsung phones, S8 and up only.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'll need new hardware. Currently, even aftermarket, wireless AA/Carplay is expensive. Add that to if you try to upgrade to OEM materials the price goes way up.

doomtrader

Reaction score
That really sucks,

However does anybody tried devices as this one, and could confirm that will work with RAM?

It is really great design, when you have RAMcharger and still need to plug your phone to use all the features it offers.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That really sucks,

However does anybody tried devices as this one, and could confirm that will work with RAM?

It is really great design, when you have RAMcharger and still need to plug your phone to use all the features it offers.
That dongle requires a head unit running Android OS, and I don't think our current Uconnect units do. Someone else might chime in with more info, I haven't had time to really dive into my radio specifics yet.

Konrad

Reaction score
That really sucks,

It works only through wired connection and only with Android-based head units (which ours are not). Plus it is basically a hack, so you have no guarantee that it won't stop working after next system and / or phone update.

5d041df72329f8d323df0541fe22ddb9.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online