5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto Problem

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble with Android Auto continually trying to connect to their truck aftet its parked and you've left it? I'm using a AA Wireless dongle and have been in contact with them but still haven't been able to fix it. Everything has worked great up until about 2 months ago or so.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
Did your phone update and "improve" something?
It must have. The guy I'm working with @ AA Wireless said it's been a while since they've updated their app. I hate when stuff like this happens! It was working beyond perfect for years until someone updated something.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It must have. The guy I'm working with @ AA Wireless said it's been a while since they've updated their app. I hate when stuff like this happens! It was working beyond perfect for years until someone updated something.
Yep. Usually as soon as I get all the settings for stuff figured out and set up the way I want, BOOM! Update. Then I have to learn how to use it all over again.

rnaude241

Reaction score
I use the Motorola MA1 and it does the same thing. If I don't unplug the dongle my phone will keep reconnecting to it from inside the house. The only solution (which I've yet to do) is alter the USB port to turn off power with the key.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Is anyone having trouble with Android Auto continually trying to connect to their truck aftet its parked and you've left it? I'm using a AA Wireless dongle and have been in contact with them but still haven't been able to fix it. Everything has worked great up until about 2 months ago or so.
Well, the USB power stays on for up to an hour after shutting the truck off. Meaning the wireless dongle will stay powered up and trying to connect

rnaude241

Reaction score

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

You can download older apk's, which will allow you to go back to a version of the app that worked better. I just did this with the SiriusXM app.

Geddyflea

Reaction score
You can download older apk's, which will allow you to go back to a version of the app that worked better. I just did this with the SiriusXM app.
I'll give that a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/