5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto Not working

Redfour5

Reaction score
OK, I've read the other threads, bought the best connectors on the market, tried two phones got different results. On mine, occasionally it will seem to recognize it for a second and start to engage and then nothing with a message on the phone and then nothing. I've seen the Android auto app show up for split seconds on the 8.4 screen. It seemed to recognize my wifes phone longer and showed the icon for a few seconds but in the end nothing. Tried wireless, everything and it does not work. It is either something so obvious that I am going to feel stupid or it isn't working.

Oh, mine works fine on my jeep Renegade. I have an S9 and she has an S9+ if that makes any difference.

Any advice. One last try here then to the dealer...

Skddmorse

Reaction score
What phone do you have? I have a Samsung s21 ultra and had the same issue. I bought a high speed data cord off of Amazon and have zero issues now.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would say try a new cable and also try to set Android Auto back up again from scratch.

RAMTrkGN

Reaction score
Definitely try new quality cable. Make sure the cable is rated for data transfer, not just charging.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If the same cable works on the jeep, but not the ram, then it might be your head unit. Make sure projection is enabled under settings on Uconnect. It should be under phone settings. You might also need to clear and remembered phones.

bucolic

Reaction score
Mine will sometimes not connect after I disconnect it for short periods of time like running into a rest area. To solve this I had to swipe up on the phone and close all apps. It then connects correctly. It appears the android auto app is running on the phone already and the system does not like it. Might not be your issue but worth a look.

Users who are viewing this thread