5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto not working and won't even charge in media ports!!

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Please read this entire post. TIA.
So the first day I got the vehicle, I downloaded Android Auto (AA) and was able to get the app on the upper screen and I saw my device (Galaxy S9+) listed in the screen mirror screen. Now I am not sure what I did next because I was doing so many things in the Uconnect, but I am pretty sure I disabled my phone with respect to those media ports. I also think it is a problem in the UConnect system not my phone.. I will explain. It now will not even charge when plugged in to any media port nor sync up AA. It will charge in the charge only port inside the console cover. I have even gone so far as to reset my phone to factory defaults, still the same behavior.

Also note my daughter has the Galaxy S9+ also and hers immediately charged and asked her to download the AA, etc. It worked as expected. Same USB cable (a Samsung factory one).

I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the AA app multiple times.

Any ideas would be appreciated, as well as this question: I see there are ways to reset certain settings in the UConnect, I havent tried any of that yet. But is there a way to reset the entire head unit?

mhb1638

Reaction score
When you installed the app, did you clear the cache/storage? I'm using the new AA beta and everything is fine.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
When you installed the app, did you clear the cache/storage? I'm using the new AA beta and everything is fine.
Are you asking me if I did, or telling me to clear cache/storage for that app after I install it? Then connect it to the USB?

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
Update: I still am getting no joy from AA. I have cleared cache and data and uninstalled. I have also tried install then clear cache and data. Still nothing. With it uninstalled, the phone charges from all ports. It never asks me to install AA when its not installed. I guess I will let the dealer look at it eventually. I have given up for now as I have run out of ideas.

mhb1638

Reaction score
Honestly bud i have no idea then. Usually clearing those will fix things. Very odd for sure.

Rockyroad217

Reaction score
My 2019 Chevrolet did that when i hooked another android up to it. It was like it forgot my phone and wouldnt even recognize it. I had to clear all of the phones from the radio and uninstall android auto and reinstall it. Since that happened, i dont let anyone plug their phone into my ram or chevy lol

Kratz87

Reaction score
Update: I still am getting no joy from AA. I have cleared cache and data and uninstalled. I have also tried install then clear cache and data. Still nothing. With it uninstalled, the phone charges from all ports. It never asks me to install AA when its not installed. I guess I will let the dealer look at it eventually. I have given up for now as I have run out of ideas.
Interesting. I initially had connection problems. Deleted the app, restarted the phone, then cleared connections from the truck. BEFORE attempting connection, I installed the app. Then when I started up and connected the phone through #1 USB, it immediately started asking me questions on the UConnect. The connection has been solid since.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
I want to thank all y'all for responding with ideas. I will try all of your ideas again. I am not even sure if I will even use AA once I get it working, but I want to at least have the choice!!

Users who are viewing this thread