5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto Nav/Sound Dimmer issue

pMak26

Reaction score
2019 1500 with the 12" screen.

I have been experiencing this issue ever since I got the truck, but figured I should ask others if they have experienced the same before starting the laborious task of bringing this up with the dealer.

When plugged in and using Android Auto, if I'm playing music from the radio/XM at the same time but the phone has an audio output such as an incoming text or a direction from the navigation, the music dims while the incoming sound from the phone is played. This is normal. What is not normal is that every 1 in ~10 times the dim does not disengage and then I cannot adjust the sound of the music. The radio gets stuck in the dimmed audio mode and if I hit the volume it shows the smaller triangle navigation volume symbol, not the music symbol, therefore only adjusting the volume on the incoming sound from the phone/Android Auto, not the music playing via the radio/XM. So I cannot un-dim the input from the phone/Android Auto and therefore can barely hear the music that I had playing.

Usually, the next time there is something to play from the phone, say another text, or the next direction from the navigation, the dimmer will disengage and boom, my music is back to regular volume.

Anyone else experience this? Anyone have a fix for it or is it going to the dealer?

Thanks

LV426

Reaction score
Yes this happens to me also, you are not the only one... I've had it get stuck low (I call it ducking) when navigating while listening to music just about every time, if I hit the power button on and off quick that seems to clear it. I've also had the audio just completely lost for phone calls (just stuck all the way down with the arrow icon), I have to unplug then plug back in and that clears it... The radio is buggy as all hell, Uconnect is incapable of fixing it...

Users who are viewing this thread