5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Android Auto disconnect

Ram77

Reaction score
i am having issues trying to connect my samsung note 10+ to the 12in radio via usb-c. it was working for over a year with no issue. today i connect it and it tries to connect then disconnects and constantly repeats this cycle. i have tried a new cable, uninstalling android auto and reinstalling, unparing and reparing phone. i even tried two other phones as well. one of the other phones was an iphone. it would do the same thing regardless. any tips TIA.

Attachments

• 240972021_10159525114006252_6098644057925443115_n.jpg
    240972021_10159525114006252_6098644057925443115_n.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 15

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I see you tried everything. Dogs you try different ports? If you have the ones in the rear, you can try those too. Outside of that, I'm at a loss.

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you delete the phone from the Projection setup?

Call Uconnect and ask them to walk you through resetting the radio. I've found that none of the stated procedure for resetting my '20 work.

Alternatively you can disconnect the battery but then you run the risk of having for all you're features to repopulate the radio.

Either it needs a reset, you received an OTA update that broke it, or some hardware has failed.

I think I might even try the engineering menu where you can reset it to default values.

Ram77

Reaction score
i deleted the phone and enabled it once connected again. I called Uconnect and they assured me I was using the current software and were of no help after that. i brought it to the dealer and he was like I don't know what's wrong with it bs. he sent me on my way saying it's some type of communication issue that his tech would need a few days to figure out. yet I would have to go without a vehicle while they try to figure it out.

LV426

Reaction score
Android Auto + Uconnect 12 = janky and problematic, its not just you. Mine will work fine and then the next day it will be "half connected" where its plugged in and phone calls will work but the Waze screen wont load or Spotify will play music, but it does not show any of the controls on the screen, etc... Is it the phone? Is it the radio? Combination of both??? Who knows but I've used a Razer phone 2, Samsung, Pixel & my current TCL and all have exhibited some sort of bugs with Uconnect 12.

Also, I would never in a million years leave the truck with the "techs" to figure out this particular problem...

Last edited:

amoya2003

Reaction score
Hi,

First post on here. I had the same issues and it was bothering me like crazy. I tried everything you did as well with no luck. This morning I tried installing the latest Android Auto version from APK mirror (Android Auto 6.9) and it seemed to fix the issue. I was on version 6.8 prior to updating.

Not sure if this was part of the problem too but I also updated Google Maps through the play store to version 10.87.1. I noticed this had not been uploaded on APK mirror yet though.

Ram77

Reaction score
Android Auto + Uconnect 12 = janky and problematic, its not just you. Mine will work fine and then the next day it will be "half connected" where its plugged in and phone calls will work but the Waze screen wont load or Spotify will play music, but it does not show any of the controls on the screen, etc... Is it the phone? Is it the radio? Combination of both??? Who knows but I've used a Razer phone 2, Samsung, Pixel & my current TCL and all have exhibited some sort of bugs with Uconnect 12.

Also, I would never in a million years leave the truck with the "techs" to figure out this particular problem...
thx for your reply. mine worked awesome for over a year then bam. i totally agree I dont trust leaving my truck with "techs"

Ram77

Reaction score
Hi,

First post on here. I had the same issues and it was bothering me like crazy. I tried everything you did as well with no luck. This morning I tried installing the latest Android Auto version from APK mirror (Android Auto 6.9) and it seemed to fix the issue. I was on version 6.8 prior to updating.

Not sure if this was part of the problem too but I also updated Google Maps through the play store to version 10.87.1. I noticed this had not been uploaded on APK mirror yet though.
what do you mean by apk mirror? nvm found it 6.9.6137

Last edited:

LV426

Reaction score
I believe what happens is Android apps get updated weekly/monthly, etc... and the radio does not get updated at all, so something gets out of whack.
Seriously, what current media device/smart device/application running device does not get updated on a weekly/monthly basis these days?
And how many features does the 12" radio support with no current updates?

amoya2003

Reaction score
what do you mean by apk mirror? nvm found it 6.9.6137
If you Google APK mirror it's a website that has all the latest/historical versions of phone applications that you can download and install on your phone. Once in APK mirror you can search for Android Auto and see all the latest versions and download/install the 6.9 version. It does require some technical know-how but it's not too difficult once you get the hang of it.

Ram77

Reaction score
I believe what happens is Android apps get updated weekly/monthly, etc... and the radio does not get updated at all, so something gets out of whack.
Seriously, what current media device/smart device/application running device does not get updated on a weekly/monthly basis these days?
And how many features does the 12" radio support with no current updates?
this actually makes perfect sense. my radio has last seen an update in April of 2020. maybe this might be the culprit?

shrubs2000

Reaction score
From my experience with AA through the years, I believe Google's model is "fix it until it's broken"! I find the best way to correct these issues is to go into your settings, apps, AA, storage and clear data and cache. YMMV though.

Users who are viewing this thread