5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

And,,,, the Ram wins.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my Ram, but they tested apples and oranges. Even a Ram Laramie and Ram Limited are going to feel different, but when you start comparing an F-150 Lariat to a Ram Limited the differences are night and day. Should have picked mid-level trims for each with similar options or the most maxed out trucks they could get. And anyone calling a Limited a cargo hauler needs to stop calling groceries cargo.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Seems to me the RAM lost in every category except for the interior. How did it get the #1 spot?😆

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my Ram, but they tested apples and oranges. Even a Ram Laramie and Ram Limited are going to feel different, but when you start comparing an F-150 Lariat to a Ram Limited the differences are night and day. Should have picked mid-level trims for each with similar options or the most maxed out trucks they could get. And anyone calling a Limited a cargo hauler needs to stop calling groceries cargo.
Actually, my Limited is a cargo hauler. My boat, my fifth wheel, and anything that I happen to need at the farm store. It is actually a very capable hauler.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Actually, my Limited is a cargo hauler. My boat, my fifth wheel, and anything that I happen to need at the farm store. It is actually a very capable hauler.
Let's clarify: It's not a hauler if you follow the load sticker placed on your truck by the manufacturer. We all know you are more than willing to tow a 45 foot trailer behind your 1500.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Let's clarify: It's not a hauler if you follow the load sticker placed on your truck by the manufacturer. We all know you are more than willing to tow a 45 foot trailer behind your 1500.
Hardly. I stay with the load that it is rated for.😎
You mistake me for the guy with a 3500 towing a 44 foot toy hauler loaded for a week in the desert at 75mph thinking how cool he is.

Last edited:

Terrible_One

Reaction score
I think that's the point. An F-150 not only has no suspension options, but it's also STILL a leaf spring rear end. They also stated that they were all priced within the same range of each other. This was not apples to oranges, it's about value to dollar.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I think that's the point. An F-150 not only has no suspension options, but it's also STILL a leaf spring rear end. They also stated that they were all priced within the same range of each other. This was not apples to oranges, it's about value to dollar.
Just like there are 70k Big Horns that don't have the same options as the Limiteds. You can build a Platinum F-150 that's more in line with a Limited and still in that $70-75k range they were testing. You can get quite a lot of options for $5k.

No matter how fancy you make it, a Big Horn will not feel like a Limited. Just like a Lariat will not feel like a Platinum/Limited.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They explain early in the article that they were limited by supply chain issues (manufacturer availability, I guess) and that while trims were different, the price was in what they consider the same ballpark.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hardly. I stay with the load that it is rated for.😎
You mistake me for the guy with a 3500 towing a 44 foot toy hauler loaded for a week in the desert at 75mph thinking how cool he is.

Well, it is a Ferd. And it was an F250. And it wasn't a Toyhauler. ;)

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, it is a Ferd. And it was an F250. And it wasn't a Toyhauler. ;)
Check the video again and pause when the wrecker gets to the wreck. It's a toy hauler. It has a drop rear deck, ramp.
Looks like from the way everything ended up, he tried to take the right turn a little too fast and sharp with the weight of the trailer pushing him, and the trailer brakes not set up right. He couldn't have been going all that fast for no farther than it slid. A tough trailer no worse than the damage it sustained, but the aluminum can truck (Still is a Ferd) took a whoopin.
3I always set up at 60/40 with the 60% on the trailer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread