5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANC Observations and Ideas

wildh24

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've been experimenting with ANC to see what difference it makes in the interior of the cab. Basically I've shut off the audio and driven in various conditions with the system plugged in and unplugged.

The difference is very subtle. To me, it seems the biggest change is with the exhaust tones, in particular, the lower frequency ones. Otherwise I can't really tell.

That said, does anyone know or think there is a way to have the factory sub hooked up for nose cancelling only? I dislike how much midbass the thing produces in music, but it does seem to make a slight difference in ANC.

I assume the dash unit sends a signal to an amp, the the ANC overlays it's funny business, and then send that signal to the Sub. I wonder if we disconnected the sub signal preamp, if the ANC module would just seems a NC signal to the Sub.

Could be a matter of depinning at the proper connection. (Anyone have wiring schematics)?

Thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread