5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ANC Observation

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a bit annoyed it's taken me 5 years to figure this out. I've always thought it was odd how many complained about the boomy bass on the HK system with ANC and then how many said it sounded awesome. I suspect I figured this out due to my bass enhancements a few months ago where it's either amazing or extra boomy.

What I've figured out is that if I start my truck in the garage and drive off - boomy mid-bass. BUT, after stopping somewhere, letting it sit ~30 minutes then starting it back up - amazing bass. My suspicion is that the ANC system picks up some weird harmonics in my garage and then overcompensates until it resets by sitting off for some time.

Anyone else have similar experiences? Now I'm wondering how to prevent this. Hand rolling the truck out of the garage before I start it? Joking but hmm.

If I start then turn it off on the driveway and restart - no change. It takes the ANC system longer to reset than that. I need a push button ANC recalibrate. And yes, I do want the ANC system as it makes a nice quiet truck.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
People claim if the window is open ANC is not enabled, maybe lower your window an inch before you turn the engine over to test?

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
People claim if the window is open ANC is not enabled, maybe lower your window an inch before you turn the engine over to test?

Tried that - no effect. Maybe if I leave the window down overnight?

Probably overthinking this but if I put a timed (60s?) relay on the ANC mic input where it got no signal until I'm out of the garage. Hmm.

Users who are viewing this thread