5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An other CHMSL seal bites the dust.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Add me to the club.
After almost four years of ownership I discovered a small damp spot on the headliner and couple drops of water on the back seat.
Took a close look at my replacement rear window frame, it checked good.
Next was the brake light, removed it and found the gasket water logged like a sponge. Not kidding, I could squeeze water out of it with my fingers plus it was feeling little gummy.
Happened to have some weather-stripping on hand from L***s, it is pretty thick but should do the trick, fingers crossed.

Last edited:

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Lucky You :) I sealed mine 6 months after buying it just to make sure .. THEN ..
Today I had to pull all the panels, seats, and carpets to have them replaced .. they were SOAKED and Moldy.
Rear window is being replaced and the 3rd Brake light was still sealed -- then I read the updated Bulletin :: "Check the Antenna" and sure as sh_t .. after dropping the headliner down, I was able to wiggle the antenna and water POURED into the rear .. :(

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to revisit the antenna, it did not seem as snug as I think it should be.
Have been keeping an eye out for leaks ever since the rear window was replaced.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread