5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An incompetent salesman rant

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
My previous purchase of a 2016 F150 Platinum i had to show them all about it. They offered me a job.LOL

MattF

Reaction score
Just wait for the totally incompetent service advisor !! I have never in my many years of ownership of multiple brands experienced the Fred Flintstone level of service as I have from Garavel Ram in Norwalk CT - total and complete incompetence ... and these trucks cost more than a new Porsche Macan,,,,,

Matt

RAM 4times

Reaction score
that's why we have to do our home work before we go shopping for a new truck. the main thing i want from a dealer is a great price. these salesmen deal with a lot of of different trucks and cars. if you know what you want it makes it so much easier.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
that's why we have to do our home work before we go shopping for a new truck. the main thing i want from a dealer is a great price. these salesmen deal with a lot of of different trucks and cars. if you know what you want it makes it so much easier.

I agree. The past 5 trucks I've bought I did all my own research and found the exact truck I wanted online, then negotiated the deal, including the finance terms by email.

The only reason I went to the dealership was to have them put a number on my trade. When they gave me the amount I was looking for I signed the papers and drove home in a new truck. I was in and out within about an hour. Most of that time was waiting for the finance manager to get the paperwork ready for me to sign.

Fidomac

Reaction score
I went for my first test drive today of a 2019 Ram. I found the most incompetent salesman I ever met (they get worse every time I shop). I wasn't expecting much, and I got less. I asked him questions I knew the answer to just to test him. His answers -" I check on that, not sure , I'll get back to you, I think so etc." He could not work any of the screen controls, but told me he worked there a year. He wrote nothing down except my name and phone number. I asked about the cost of the document fee - $ 598.00 he said "I think that's state law" (yeah I'm THAT stupid). When he opened a door so I could look at a back seat the bed divider/extender was laying there. He says I think that is the underseat storage bin ! No wonder we think most sales people are idiots ! Why is it these guys can sit around all day and not know what I can get off here, other forums and the Ram site ? AT LEAST I GOT MY TEST DRIVE. Won't be buying there !
Yep...too busy going outside to smoke and flirt with the secretaries to research what they are selling...

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yes - need to do your homework. I was pretty thorough thanks to this forum and my eventual salesman knew nothing about the forum or some of the problems that "come" from the factory such as the tailgate cable. I missed out on the BUG and for the cost I am spending on the bed rails and line-x I could of had the bed lights. But not sure of the quality of the factory bed lining versus line-x. Do like the warranty of line-x and not sure of what would be required down the road with the factory bed liner.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I’ve had the thought that working as a car salesman could be fun once I reach semi-retirement.....”

Hope you're planning to retire within the next 10 years because soon there will not be such a thing as a "Car Salesperson" and most of us won't miss 'em : )

From what i observe ALL CAR Companies will be striving to emulate the business model of Tesla, where you will go into the "GALLERY" just for a test drive, and all subsequent dealings will be done thru email and texts and notifications from the car itself.... ("Hi! Remember me? You drove me Saturday? Still interested in me?!") lol

YOU will be responsible for your own research, and simply pay online for the one you want, zero negotiation, and it will be delivered to you. Used car dealers will be around A LOT longer, but once they figure out how to streamline & modernize that process as well, you can prolly say goodbye to those too... i don't like it, buts its coming folks : )

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread