5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An END to the Door-Pull-Pinch-Of-Death tyranny!

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The only reason I see the manual lock levers still being in vehicles is if you ever got into an accident and lost battery power. Other than that they don’t serve much purpose.
I've left my driver side door pull in place for this very reason but also because of where I sit. I am just forward of full back setting so my arm just misses the "door viper"
This would make sense if you could actually grab the knob. But, on my truck at least, there is no way to grab it because it sits basically flush with the door panel. There is nothing to grab onto.

Jimp1

Reaction score
Speaking of locking doors. Why do so many people use the fob to lock there doors when they get out causing the horn to blow. The locking button is very near the door handle when you open it.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Speaking of locking doors. Why do so many people use the fob to lock there doors when they get out causing the horn to blow. The locking button is very near the door handle when you open it.
Yes, very annoying and the horn can be shut off in U Connect.

MurphBigHorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Because everyone dose not have the fancy button. I wish I did though. I hate haven to use the fob to unlock and lock. I miss my button.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Because everyone dose not have the fancy button. I wish I did though. I hate haven to use the fob to unlock and lock. I miss my button.
You don't have a lock button on the inside of your door, but the exit handle? Did they remove that in later years? My 2020 still has it.

Yeah, I know, you thought he meant the button on the handle on the outside.

Gagsy

Reaction score
Thanks for the options of de-fanging the door snake. my Wife likes to rest her arm on the door and keeps getting bit. Lol, but not so funny for her…I’ve brought the vehicle to the dealer and their response was, “ well it not an arm rest”. I’m not going to say what I said to him.
I appreciate all your options provided.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Thanks for the options of de-fanging the door snake. my Wife likes to rest her arm on the door and keeps getting bit. Lol, but not so funny for her…I’ve brought the vehicle to the dealer and their response was, “ well it not an arm rest”. I’m not going to say what I said to him.
I appreciate all your options provided.
Hard to argue against his response.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
Nice fix and thanks for sharing.
Over 4 years of ownership and 93K miles and my wife got bit for the first time just last week. She's probably only been in the truck for about 5k of those miles though.
I'll contemplate the mod if it gets her again but we're gonna treat it like an isolated incident at this point.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This has bit me and my wife both. :mad: I think it might not be a problem if the knobs didn't have those sharp rings. :unsure: I could turn myself a set of safer knobs if I knew the thread size. Can't measure it because it's all down inside the door. Definitely smaller than the old American standard - I tried - the old type knobs just slide on and off. 🤷‍♂️

Can anyone tell me the thread size? 🙋‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread