5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amplifying Factory Speakers

esdiesel

Reaction score
Hey y’all! I have tried to search for my specific question and while there are TONS of threads talking about adding an amplifier, none really touch on what I am looking to do.

I have a 2019 Rebel with the stock 6 speakers, non-alpine, no amplifier.

The only thing done right now is just the ANC bypass under the driver seat. Eventually I plan to upgrade all speakers and add a sub, but for now…how can I add an amp to power the factory speakers? My radio just doesn’t get loud enough for me and leaves a lot to be desired. I’d like to just start small by amplifying the factory speakers first and then I can upgrade speakers as I get some extra cash.

Can someone please help me figure out a way to amp the factory speakers? I sincerely appreciate your time and expertise on the subject in advance. Thanks!!

RichInMN

Reaction score
Just my opinion - I don't think you'll get much more out of the factory speakers by sending them more power; my base 6 already was able to send them more than they could handle given their puny composition. Most folks will probably advise (myself as well) to do an amp and new speakers at the same time.

Having said that, adding a very small amp under the driver seat and tying in to the factory wiring to the factory speakers there would be a pretty trivial exercise. Diagram attached.

Attachments

• wiring.pdf
    518.4 KB · Views: 14

edehosse

Reaction score
Agree with above - You're gonna want to at the bare minimum replace the front door and dash speakers before you amplify. Stocks can be used, but you're not really gonna be able to push that much more to them without distortion/clipping.

Not sure what you did to bypass the ANC, but PAC makes an ANC bypass harness that allows you to tap into the speaker wires without cutting the factory harness:

The black connector has the front and rear speaker outs. When I added my amp, I just cut the wires running to the connector, used them as hi-level inputs to the amp, and wired the amp speaker outputs back to the connector. After that it's plug and play. A four channel amp will allow you to adjust the gains independently so you don't throw too much power to the stock rear speakers. Been running this setup for almost 4 years now without an issue. I went with a Kicker Key 200.4 to run both front and rear as it has the automatic signal processing built in. Plus it's small enough to live right next to the ANC module under the front seat. Vast improvement over the stock base 6 sound.

Eric

Last edited:

esdiesel

Reaction score
Perfect! This is exactly the help I needed. Thank you both so much. I will follow your advice.

Users who are viewing this thread