5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amplifiers on rear wall? Audio questions.

charbar

Reaction score
Hi guys, hoping I can get a little input from some people about mounting amps on the rear wall. Mostly, has anyone here done it and how much room is there? I just traded my 13 Ram quad cab for a 19 crew cab, wont actually get the truck for a few more days.

Im removing all the stereo equipment from my 13 right now and Im curious what it will be like going into the 5th gen style crew cab.
In my 13 quad I had three Arc Audio amps and a JL Twk mounted to the rear wall. It all fit, but it was tight. These are the older XXK series amps so they are pretty large by todays standards. They are 11, 10, and 16 inches long, all 8 inches tall. Any chance they will fit or should I be looking for smaller amps? How much crap is already on the rear wall? I remember I had to work around the rear slider window motor and another module, plus cab vents on the 13.
I have an PAC AmpPro AP4-CH41 that Im hoping will work in the 2019. It has the 8.4 screen just like my 13. The 13 had the Alpine system, Im not even sure if the new 19 does or not.

What about this active noise cancellation thing? How do I tell if I have it or not? There will be no original speakers or wiring used in the install, so maybe its a non issue anyway? I dont know if it used the stock speakers or how it works I guess.

What about room for sub enclosure under the rear seat? Had a single 12" Dayton HO in the 13. Was thinking of possibly adding a second. They only need .6 cu ft each.

Do the 5th gens have the large plastic inner door panel like the 4th gens? That really made it easy to sound deaden and seal the doors up.
Had 6.5 SB Acoustic mids in the front doors. Seas tweeters in the dash.
Any other things I need to be aware of or things that will be different between the 4th and 5th gen as far as a stereo install? I know I need to get the truck here and just dive in but Im just looking for some insight from guys that have already done this!

Thanks!

AllAmer1719

Reaction score
Plenty of room if your putting subwoofer under the seat. In the Alpine system, the subwoofer is behind the passenger rear seat. The basic 6 speaker system its bare. As the member above said, the etorque takes up the wall on rear driver side.

You will certainly use the hi/lo converter as the signals coming out of radio are amplified. Most that ive seen have ANC, but not all do. Maybe you can tell by the mic looking bezels on the headliner? assuming that is the Microphones for the ANC? (I may be way off). Some bypass, others keep plugged in. It shouldn't be affected however you choose to design your stereo setup. I have two amplifiers, one for the speakers and mono for the subwoofer. I chose slim/smaller amplifiers, because i wanted a subwoofer behind the seat rather than under. Either way your ideas will work.

Yes, you will need your AP4-CH41. That is one way to do it. The stock amplifier is under the driver seat. Ill send some photos when i get chance later. And if your curious, you should have a 180 Amp Alternator.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread