5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amplified door speakers

staffdd

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Recently I modified my 2023 ram 1500 (new body) with the 9 speaker alpine system with 12" screen. Here is what I've done so far.

Infinity Reference REF-9633IX 6x9 3-Way Coaxial in rear doors. Direct fit. They overpower everything else. Very bright.
Powerbass OE-690D 6x9 Midbass in front doors. Direct fit with the Infiniy spacers. Wired down to 2 ohms. Midbass only because of the alpine amp eq. (Replaced with another set of Infinitys. Some reason this killed the volume on my front doors and dash speakers)
Infinity Reference 3032cf 3.5-Inch in the dash.
Skar vehicle specific dual 12" box loaded with VD-12D, powered by Skar Audio RP-1200.1D which I got the LOC signal from the black wires on the metra kit that goes under driver seat.

Volume is lacking from the doors. I'm thinking I need to add a amp to them. I have a few questions.

Will removing the door speakers from the alpine system trigger the no speaker issue where it stops all volume?
Can I tap into the metra harness under the driver seat for the LOC just like I did for the sub amp? I am not sure which wires are actually needed. I know I can tap into the a-pillar for the rear door speakers, but the harness is much easier if I can.
Is there a better way to get signal from the HU? I dont believe metra has changed its harness for the new plugs yet. Would also save me 350$...

I do have a fosgate DSR1 laying around, but would need the wiring. (Per Maestro, incompatable with my vehicle)
Thanks!

Last edited:

IndianaRam

Reaction score

This helped me out a lot when I updated my Alpine system. I just did almost the same and upgraded to a JL800/8i for all the speakers. Still fine tuning it with the built-in DSP but sounds better than the stock system.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
me and my brother install that same setup in his and my.he just did the speakers.but he also will need the "ANC".i went with a little more elaborate setup.5Ch amp,DSR1,epicenter and a Pac Audio.came out... 🥳 🥳
Part1......

staffdd

Reaction score
me and my brother install that same setup in his and my.he just did the speakers.but he also will need the "ANC".i went with a little more elaborate setup.5Ch amp,DSR1,epicenter and a Pac Audio.came out... 🥳 🥳
Part1......

How did you do the DSR1? Fosgate and Maesro tell me it will not work for a 2023 non classic truck. Also the Pac AmPro will not work with my truck per PAC.

staffdd

Reaction score

This helped me out a lot when I updated my Alpine system. I just did almost the same and upgraded to a JL800/8i for all the speakers. Still fine tuning it with the built-in DSP but sounds better than the stock system.
I have never seen the full version of that video. It helped alot, thank you!
I think this answered my questions. I will cut the metra harness under the driver seat and get all of my inputs and wires to speakers from that. I was not sure if that was possible from that location. Just wish there was a better way to get full range from there...

IndianaRam

Reaction score
No problem. Yeah, these new vehicles don't make it easy to upgrade. To do anything is a pain.
I didn't want to run new speaker wires to all the speakers, so I just tied into everything under the driver's seat like they did. Made it a lot easier, and it's all plug and play. You don't have to cut any factory wiring harness.

Fbird

Reaction score
Awesome video!!!! now I don't have to go on the search and NOT destroy my interior when I do mine. I'm new to DODGE and all of them are certainly different. Scuk breaking a clip that you didn't even know was there!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread