5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amp & transmission update

Hutch70

Reaction score
This morning I took my truck in for its first service. While it was there they updated the software for the amp and the transmission. The update took care of the hard downshift and the music from the HK system is so much louder. If any of you guys have the HK system with the 12 in display, get it to your dealership ASAP.

Reaction score
My buddy/salesman called me yesterday to tell me about the stereo TSB. Pretty jacked for that. I'm worried about the transmission though. Mine is not downshifting, it's taking off from the start. Feels like it's low on tranny fluid, but it's not.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This morning I took my truck in for its first service. While it was there they updated the software for the amp and the transmission. The update took care of the hard downshift and the music from the HK system is so much louder. If any of you guys have the HK system with the 12 in display, get it to your dealership ASAP.

eTorque or regular Hemi? I gotta bring mine in soon, probably next week.

sticker500

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I will agree with @Hutch70. I also took mine in and had these done. Stereo is much better, but the ABS flash was supposed to address the reverse sensing system and it slamming the brakes. Didn't help for me so I guess it's the angle of my driveway. I just have to turn off the braking.

September 28, 2018 - Flash: Blind Spot Monitor System Updates - # 08-125-18
September 18, 2018 - Flash: Amplifier Enhancement - # 08-123-18
September 15, 2018 - Flash: Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) Module Diagnostic and System Improvements - # 08-118-18
September 11, 2018 - Flash: Drivetrain Control Module (DTCM) Diagnostic and System Improvements - # 08-116-18

Users who are viewing this thread