5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amp steps 2022

Triton63

Reaction score
For anyone who may be curious the plug and play package amp power steps for 2019 ram 1500 crew cab plug and play fit perfectly and functions correctly on the 2022’s. And plugging the harness in under the dash is a lot easier. Took 6 hours to install on the 2019... took 3 hours to install on the 2022.

Attachments

• C33C2A71-9EA5-44C2-9C43-7653D95861DC.jpeg
    C33C2A71-9EA5-44C2-9C43-7653D95861DC.jpeg
    171.5 KB · Views: 77

socalnonsage

Reaction score
Put these on my 2020 Bighorn a few weeks ago and I can confirm, install was simple and easy. They're pricey but IMO worth the price for a nice clean look on the truck.

Brunzca

Reaction score
Wasn’t sure where else to put this, so figured this was as good a place as any…
Installed my steps last week (minus the lights), and everything worked perfectly. This weekend, got around to working on the lights, I’m running LED strips instead of the supplied lights.. So, disconnected the battery to wire the lights (just in case), but when I hooked it back up, the steps didn’t work. No lights, no motors, nothing. Tried pulling/reinserting the fuse, that didn’t do it, either.

Finally, I disconnected the battery, pulled the fuse, reconnected the battery, then reinserted the fuse, in that order, and everything started working.

So, if you disconnect/change your battery, and your Amp steps stop working, try this out. I couldn’t find any info anywhere yesterday when I needed it, other then one post on a Ford forum about pulling the fuse.

Users who are viewing this thread