5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amp research Power step install

jrw921

Reaction score
I want to swap out the OEM chrome running boards on my 2020 Laramie with Amp Research power steps. Curious if anyone has tried this and what is the chance the existing mounting points for the OEM boards
work for the AR power steps. Sounds too easy, but maybe?????

Mikejones11

Reaction score
I installed the amps on my rebel with the studs that were there. Super easy to install and I love them.

RebelWraith

Polymath
Reaction score
I want to swap out the OEM chrome running boards on my 2020 Laramie with Amp Research power steps. Curious if anyone has tried this and what is the chance the existing mounting points for the OEM boards
work for the AR power steps. Sounds too easy, but maybe?????
AMP designs their attachment points around factory mounting points. That's why they are vehicle specific.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Outstanding. I have a set of AMP steps on order.
I'm wondering if it is worth it to add more LED lighting than what they come with?

Mikejones11

Reaction score
Outstanding. I have a set of AMP steps on order.
I'm wondering if it is worth it to add more LED lighting than what they come with?
I am really happy with the leds it’s comes with. I also did but drill holes in the pinch weld to install them like the instructions say and I have had zero issues. I would recommend ordered the deploy switch.

Reactions: c3k

Papabear_08

Reaction score
I installed the amp steps on my rebel a few weeks back. Took me 5.5 hours! I took my time of course and had no vehicle lift or someone to help me install them. Best damn investment so far lol I’m not a huge fan of the blue-ish leds it comes with but it’s plenty of light. I just wish they were whiter. The puddle lights have enough light as it is too.

jrw921

Reaction score
thanks for the info. great news. I would do it myself but its a firm no when it comes to electrical stuff. I think I will pay someone to install. Last time I wired something the radio didn't work unless the wipers were on. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online