5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMP PowerSteps: Missing Relocation Bracket?

detroitm2

Reaction score
Went to install the AMP Powersteps I bought. However, the instructions indicate there should be a relocation bracket for the driverside to make room for the motor to attach to the front. That was not in any of the boxes that I received.

I already reached out to RealTruck to try and get a replacement, but was wondering if anyone else had this item missing when installing their power steps?

detroitm2

Reaction score
In case anyone stumbles across this, I talked to AMP Research today. They changed up the motor brand on the powersteps. New one is a bit smaller and the relocation bracket is apparently no longer needed. Going to try to install them later this week and will report my findings.

oe542bob

Reaction score
Hope it goes well. It took me about 4-5 hours to install on my previous 2018 Ram 2500. I was gonna suggest calling AMP directly, but you were reaching out to RealTruck first. When I had AMP steps and had any question/problem, I would call AMP. Always provided positive help. I don’t have AMP steps now as my 5th gen Ram 1500 came with the power steps from Ram.
I actually asked a tech at AMP years ago when Ram started installing power steps if they were made by AMP. He said no, but AMP owned the patent. I don’t know any details, but I believe they get something for using the patent.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I absolutely love my AMP steps.

detroitm2

Reaction score
Hope it goes well. It took me about 4-5 hours to install on my previous 2018 Ram 2500. I was gonna suggest calling AMP directly, but you were reaching out to RealTruck first. When I had AMP steps and had any question/problem, I would call AMP. Always provided positive help. I don’t have AMP steps now as my 5th gen Ram 1500 came with the power steps from Ram.
I actually asked a tech at AMP years ago when Ram started installing power steps if they were made by AMP. He said no, but AMP owned the patent. I don’t know any details, but I believe they get something for using the patent.
Realtruck owns AMP now.

Total install time was about 3 hours. I got them installed last night. If the instructions were better laid out, it probably would have been 2 hours. I had to unbolt. And rebolt things several times because they don't tell you stuff like, make sure the arms are in the down position when mounting the motors, and you need to connect the wiring harness in the driver side before fully bolting it down (otherwise there's no room to fit the plug)

oe542bob

Reaction score
I didn’t know that Amp was owned by RealTruck. It’s been a few years since I dealt with them. Researching shows Lund international acquired them and now RealTruck owns Lund. Also saw they built a new manufacturing plant in California. Great product.

Users who are viewing this thread