5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMP Powersteps Cab Noise

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had these installed last week and since then ( now that the cab is so quiet) I have a noise when I accelerate underneath my left foot is up by the wiring harnesses. I don't see anything loose and even went in and zip tied some of the wire bundles to see if this may possibly make it stop....Anyone else having or heard of this? I've called and emailed AMP but their customer service is horrible. Still no reply and its been several days.

Barnyard

Reaction score
I had these installed last week and since then ( now that the cab is so quiet) I have a noise when I accelerate underneath my left foot is up by the wiring harnesses. I don't see anything loose and even went in and zip tied some of the wire bundles to see if this may possibly make it stop....Anyone else having or heard of this? I've called and emailed AMP but their customer service is horrible. Still no reply and its been several days.
I saw a post on here somewhere where someone said that the active tuned mass module canister was touching his boards, causing a vibration, and he was able to unbolt it, shift it away, and re-tighten the bolts. I can't find that post now... Might be worth a look?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I saw a post on here somewhere where someone said that the active tuned mass module canister was touching his boards, causing a vibration, and he was able to unbolt it, shift it away, and re-tighten the bolts. I can't find that post now... Might be worth a look?

Thanks...this is something in the cab not on the exterior but Ill take a look to make sure.

freerider969

Reaction score

I m so glad you posted this as I am having the same issue but my amp research dealer could not find any notes on this. I will slide under my truck and have a look see.

freerider969

Reaction score

I went under the vehicle and it was as Joey P said the canister has a bolt a T40 (torx) bolt that allows you adjust the angle of the drop down. I simply loosened the slightly a little over half a turn and pushed the canister away from the amp research support arm and tighten the bolt back down. It appears the passenger side was adjusted appropriately and away from the board but the driver's side was making contact. Great tip JoeyP, thanks for sharing!! The silver circular item in the picture is the canister and you can see the black support arm is no longer making contact. Prime example why I love being a member of this forum!

Attachments

• RW91esX6QnacemTdnCod%Q.jpg
    RW91esX6QnacemTdnCod%Q.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 40

Painter

Reaction score
Great post. I had the same issue. I used a 1/2” socket rather than t40 but same result. Big thanks to all! Before and after pics attached.

Attachments

• 2FDA7598-2DFE-4C3C-8E3D-7D600E2043B3.jpeg
    2FDA7598-2DFE-4C3C-8E3D-7D600E2043B3.jpeg
    84.4 KB · Views: 25
  • D4AE5914-4249-4CA4-9490-048A11172EF2.jpeg
    D4AE5914-4249-4CA4-9490-048A11172EF2.jpeg
    126.4 KB · Views: 22

Users who are viewing this thread