5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMP PowerSteps (76240-01A)

BrickWurX

Reaction score
@c3k - Sorry to hear about the delivery issues, I must have gotten lucky, got mine in less than one week.
It does sound like sellers are drop shipping directly from Amp Research. Maybe they are backed up due to Covid or something.

@Thekidcasual - Pretty sure my instruction rated the steps at 600lbs. I was a little worried about the max weight as these do not have the center post mount many other steps show. I'm a big guy, the rails are solid, I think they could hold two people without issue.

crazycrew

Reaction score
Mine arrived end of last week. Installed them tuesday. Thery sure seem to be loud and cluncky :cautious:. No, nothing is hitting or binding either

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Update on my Amp Research Power Steps (model AMP-76240-01A).

I ordered them from RealTruck on February 26th. I just got an email with a "delivery update" ("downdate"???) of May 3rd to May 7th. WTHHH?

They were quick to cancel my Amp Research step switch when it wasn't in stock. Had I known that Real Truck would take almost 3 months (a quarter of a year, 90 degrees of an orbital period, the life cycle of a 100 May Flies, or 24,000 hours) I would've looked at other vendors. Grrr.

But, they'll still probably arrive before my truck that I factory ordered on February 17th.
Highly doubt it, i order a step from them and im still waiting, they have terrible customer service, but are great at email bombs of constant sale flyers.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Highly doubt it, i order a step from them and im still waiting, they have terrible customer service, but are great at email bombs of constant sale flyers.
I swapped my order. I cancelled RealTruck and went with CARiD.

CARiD matched the price and had them delivered to me about 4 days after I hit "confirm order".

Give CARiD a shot.

2020Big4x4Horn

Reaction score
Mine arrived end of last week. Installed them tuesday. Thery sure seem to be loud and cluncky :cautious:. No, nothing is hitting or binding either
Mine too. But just the driver side which is used alot more. They aren't hitting anything, they just make a click noise when it gets to the top and sometimes at the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Mine too. But just the driver side which is used alot more. They aren't hitting anything, they just make a click noise when it gets to the top and sometimes at the bottom.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
Thanks for posting your reviews on this product, makes me think to not purchase these, also wonder how well they handle to New England weather , snow and ice. they may clunk more after one cold winter mess.

Blackoutram2019

Reaction score
Real truck is backed up bad I order a set and it said 2 to 3 weeks went on ebay found a set and got them in 3 days. Love the amp step on my 2021 laramie. Waiting on my lux lights they seem to be backed up.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of these from @Realtruck along with the override switch. I'm looking for ideas on placement for the override switch.
I'll post pix of my placement, tomorrow.

Word form: I added it to the small panel (3"x4") by the driver's left knee that has the parking brake on it.

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of these from @Realtruck along with the override switch. I'm looking for ideas on placement for the override switch.
Here are the pix of where and how I placed the override switch.

pic 1.jpg

^^^
This panel removes pretty easily.

pic 2.jpg
^^^
There's some "stuff" on the backside of the panel that I removed with a dremel to get a relatively smooth surface. I taped the connectors so plastic crap wouldn't get into them and cause issues. I used the step bit to create a smooth, properly sized, hole. I didn't want to remove the standing squiggle plastic: I thought it was performing a function (I've forgotten why: maybe stabilizing the panel or locating it in the dash?).

pic 3.jpg
^^^
That's how the AmpResearch override switch fit after I installed it.

pic 4.jpg
^^^
The spacing worked out perfectly for me. It's not too close to the parking brake finger slot or to the edge.

pic 5.jpg
^^^
Installed, in the truck. I love the location. It's out of the way. I rarely use it, so it doesn't need to be in any prime dash real-estate. Also, being where it is, it is easy to reach it from the door if I'm standing outside the truck.

Barely noticeable there and works perfectly for my purposes.

Ken

Users who are viewing this thread