5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AMP Bedstep (on DT) Anyone?

Kone

Reaction score
I had a little damage on my new Leer bed cover and my local truck accessory dealer is making it right by offering me store credit. I sure could use a bed step so have my eye on the AMP Research Bedstep (retractable, rear, not the power side steps). Anyone have one and if so, how do you like it?

I put one on my 18 F150 and it was fine, just wondering how they are now on the DT Ram. I'm <200 lbs if it matters. If I were buying outright I'd probably get OEM but obviously can't get that thru truck accessory dealer.

Thanks!

BrickWurX

Reaction score
They are GTG. Been on backorder for a while I think. Some complain they are a little noisy, I never thought that. Strong motors, solid gears, metal not plastic. Plug in play for electronics (buy a OBD2 splitter, amazon has em for a tenth what AMP wants). Do a search here, folks are creative with the lighting, I was not keen on drilling through anything which could rust. Amazon also offers 1x1 locking electrical wire tabs with 3M backing for undercarriage wiring pathways, very helpful.

Concerning weight, They will easily handle 300+ at a time. If you plan to level your truck or raise it more than an inch or two, these are perfect. They sit a little low for the standard rake, but very useful for anyone that may need them. I would also recommend buying the adapter for the switch. While they are automatic with the doors, the switch is surprisingly useful. Keeping them down when washing, keeping them up if parked near a low curb, type thing.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They are GTG. Been on backorder for a while I think. Some complain they are a little noisy, I never thought that. Strong motors, solid gears, metal not plastic. Plug in play for electronics (buy a OBD2 splitter, amazon has em for a tenth what AMP wants). Do a search here, folks are creative with the lighting, I was not keen on drilling through anything which could rust. Amazon also offers 1x1 locking electrical wire tabs with 3M backing for undercarriage wiring pathways, very helpful.

Concerning weight, They will easily handle 300+ at a time. If you plan to level your truck or raise it more than an inch or two, these are perfect. They sit a little low for the standard rake, but very useful for anyone that may need them. I would also recommend buying the adapter for the switch. While they are automatic with the doors, the switch is surprisingly useful. Keeping them down when washing, keeping them up if parked near a low curb, type thing.

Lmao. He’s referring to a bed step not the retractable steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Whodeysrt

Reaction score
Just installed the AMP Bedstep 2 on both passenger side and driver side. Look great and function good. I’m 200 pounds and I was bouncing on them with no problems. Install was pretty straight forward.

BrickWurX

Reaction score
Lmao. He’s referring to a bed step not the retractable steps.

Well great, I didn't even know AMP made a bed step. Are these the same as the rear Ram step , or are they a for the side of the bed?

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well great, I didn't even know AMP made a bed step. Are these the same as the rear Ram step , or are they a for the side of the bed?

Both. Similar style to the oem corner bedstep and they also have a side step option if you needed to get easier access to say a toolbox or something but I doubt it’s compatible if your running retractable steps to.

OP Amp bedstep should be fine I ran one on my 4th Gen Ram and the quality was very similar to my 5th Gen Oem set up. You’ll be fine!

Users who are viewing this thread