5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ambient Temp Sensor

CH2828

Reaction score
Have a 19 ram limited, check engine light came on for ambient temp sensor. Gauge reads about 40-50 degrees higher than actual outside temp. Ordered new sensor and replaced with the old one. Still reads inaccurately. It does fluctuate with the temperature but it is consistently 40-50 degrees high. I’ve had the new sensor in a few weeks knowing it takes a little time to recalibrate but still no luck. Anyone have this issue or any ideas what further to look into?

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Have a 19 ram limited, check engine light came on for ambient temp sensor. Gauge reads about 40-50 degrees higher than actual outside temp. Ordered new sensor and replaced with the old one. Still reads inaccurately. It does fluctuate with the temperature but it is consistently 40-50 degrees high. I’ve had the new sensor in a few weeks knowing it takes a little time to recalibrate but still no luck. Anyone have this issue or any ideas what further to look into?

This might not be exactly the same as what you have...

Attachments

• AAT sensor.jpg
    AAT sensor.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 30
  • AAT DDM.jpg
    AAT DDM.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:

Fbird

Reaction score
yup, Body shop was nice enough to screw up my DDM when they re-skinned the door that I shouldn't have let them do. I too went with the sensor swap first ($12) and while I was inside the door adding the sound deadener they didn't replace I checked the wire harness and it appeared to be unscathed. Thanks for the post!

Users who are viewing this thread