5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ambient Lighting w/Redline 48" Triple LED

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, the turn signal I really didn't care if it enhanced that at all. You can see it a bit on the ground though, and no one will be able to claim they didn't see my brake lights. I was a bit concerned there since I Lamin-X'ed them, which had me thinking of ideas and came up with this. The white (reverse) light on the bar hooked to the bed light switch is a nice added feature. I can turn that on from the fob, in the cab, and the button on the bed light itself.
The first pic of the camera screen in the truck is with the light bar illuminated as well as my auxiliary reverse lights. Them bad boys will light up the night.

Last edited:

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I installed it under the top lip on the bumper, wired in and using the Curt adapter and wired the reverse light on the bar to the bed lights.
View attachment 53507
View attachment 53508
View attachment 53509
View attachment 53510
View attachment 53511
View attachment 53512
View attachment 53513
View attachment 53514
View attachment 53515
View attachment 53516
I like the setup. Definitely not like any of the others. My question, did you just want to it indiscretely shine, or is it because it might not look right with the 48" bar vs the 60" bar? Is it safe to say there would still be a lack of useable light back there without the additional aux lights? I am considering just installing the Luyed LED pods, they seem pretty bright by themselves.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have the 48 inch one on mine and I have plenty of light to back up with.

Dookie

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I like the setup. Definitely not like any of the others. My question, did you just want to it indiscretely shine, or is it because it might not look right with the 48" bar vs the 60" bar? Is it safe to say there would still be a lack of useable light back there without the additional aux lights? I am considering just installing the Luyed LED pods, they seem pretty bright by themselves.
I already had the auxiliary reverse lights there and thought this would be a good option for ambient lighting and while braking. It worked out well for what my intentions were.

SilverNight2020

Reaction score
I already had the auxiliary reverse lights there and thought this would be a good option for ambient lighting and while braking. It worked out well for what my intentions were.
Awesome...thanks for the reply Dookie. Did you ever get a chance to take some in cabin sound clips of the new exhaust?

Users who are viewing this thread