5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ambient lighting and dome light

Njramman19

Reaction score
Just purchased a 2021 Laramie and am loving the interior lighting at night. My only issue is that when the ambient lighting comes on I can’t seem to get the dome light between the front and rear seats to turn off, it will get dimmer but not completely turn off. Is there a fix for this or is that how it’s supposed to be? Thnx for any assistance

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just purchased a 2021 Laramie and am loving the interior lighting at night. My only issue is that when the ambient lighting comes on I can’t seem to get the dome light between the front and rear seats to turn off, it will get dimmer but not completely turn off. Is there a fix for this or is that how it’s supposed to be? Thnx for any assistance
Never noticed that in my 2021. Can you take a pic of the light you are speaking of that won't turn off?

Njramman19

Reaction score
This is with the light dimmed as far as it will go before turning all the ambient lighting off. If you push the dome light it gets brighter, doesn’t turn off
9D69EE16-B369-4D07-BE13-732B43CBA4AB.jpeg

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You must push the lens to toggle between on and illuminated entry mode.
go out and push the lens then lock the doors, after a few seconds lamps should gradually dim. If the light over the rear seats does not push it then relock the doors.

Njramman19

Reaction score
I have and it still stays on. Are you able to control yours with the lighting dial for your ambient lights? Mine dims or gets brighter with that dial and when I push the dome light in it just stays full on with full brightness

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have the illuminated entry toggled on with buttons on the overhead console?

Njramman19

Reaction score
The illuminated entry isn’t toggled on, I’m able to turn all the lights on with the buttons above the rear view mirror but when I turn them off again the dome light remains on

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are the doors open when you are pushing the lit lens? They all must be closed.

Njramman19

Reaction score
Doors are not open, this light will not turn off. My question is, can you control the brightness of that dome light with the ambient light dial?

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My understanding is that the ambient lighting is ONLY for the floor, dash and door panel lighting...not the overhead lighting.

Njramman19

Reaction score
Just got back from the dealership and they’re telling me it’s a possible grounding issue or crossed wires. Not to happy they’ll have to pull the headliner to fix everything, hoping it looks perfectly fine when they’re done with it

gecko6375

Reaction score
This brings up a question that I have that is related to this. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the dome light, in the rear, come on when I open my doors but not have the map lights up front come on? I have a 2020 rebel and I have a switch between the map lights that is either on.off.door but it seems to also control the dome light. I was hoping there was a way to separate those. Any ideas? Thanks.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
This brings up a question that I have that is related to this. Does anyone know if it is possible to have the dome light, in the rear, come on when I open my doors but not have the map lights up front come on? I have a 2020 rebel and I have a switch between the map lights that is either on.off.door but it seems to also control the dome light. I was hoping there was a way to separate those. Any ideas? Thanks.
They are both tied together so, no unless you want to do some major rewiring.

Users who are viewing this thread